Gain first hands-on experience with the new automated SAP S/4HANA deployment on Microsoft Azure
last update: June 9, 2022
Try out the new SAP S/4HANA 2021 FPS01 production-ready deployment in Microsoft Azure with the quick and easy approach of SAP Cloud Appliance Library ( CAL). It applies to standards aligned by SAP and Microsoft and follows their best practice.
The scope that was already available during the customer preview phase has been extended in the meantime; now we offer in addition:
all in all 3 default deployment flavors for several releases:
- SAP S/4HANA – non HA setup
- SAP S/4HANA – HA with system replication
- SAP S/4HANA – HA with cluster set up (Pacemaker)
custom installation plan:
seamless maintenance planner access that allows for creating custom installation plans that can then be selected in CAL for deployment
The deployed system can be integrated with SAP Landscape Management Cloud to leverage its possibilities for system operations.
The deployment itself will also soon be part of a more comprehensive integration with Software Logistics Toolset offering further integration with Software Upgrade Manager and notes implementation.
A technical whitepaper by Microsoft and SAP describes how to migrate an existing SAP ERP system running on-premises to Microsoft Azure by doing the SAP S/4HANA conversion at the very same time including detailed information about the procedure.
Using the deployment wizard let yourself be guided through all settings, like MS Azure resource configuration…
…or application server sizing and configuration
For the complete process see the new section Working with Systems in the product documentation.
- New deployment offering for SAP S/4HANA in a standardized and automated way in MS Azure
- 3 default deployment options
- Custom installation plans seamlessly integrated
- Integration into LaMa Cloud possible and ongoing integration into Software Logistics Toolset
- Whitepaper on guided procedures for SAP S/4HANA conversions
Thanks for sharing