Compensation Executive Review – Filter Enhancements
SAP SuccessFactors has some exciting new features during the H1 2021 release, including new functionality to enhance the Executive Review. New filtering options give greater flexibility when configuring each template, allowing users to create and customise the filters to any field in the worksheets.
What is Executive Review?
The Executive Review within the Compensation module provides a high-level view for the senior leadership teams, enabling better planning and management of compensation across the organisation. This report allows the user to see the overall, rolled up, compensation plan for their teams, along with the ability to drill directly to the plan.
The difference between being in the approval route and having access to executive review is that all the employees from multiple forms are listed on one page. The user with executive review permission does not necessarily have to be included in the form’s route map to see the data.
Who are the users of Executive Review?
Anyone can be granted access through the Role-Based Permissions found in the Admin Center. A user can be granted edit or view-only permissions.
Typically, we expect the following to be granted executive review:
- Senior level management. This group wanted to see the entire organisation in a single screen. Executive review allows them to filter by different segments of the employee population. They can also see budgets and totals for the whole organisation, rather than just one manager’s form
- Human Resources. Like the Senior Leadership, they can quickly view the entire organisation at a glance. Regional HR representatives will need visibility into their employee population
- Compensation Administrators. Comp Admins review with Executive Review because they get visibility into the compensation cycle without having to track and approve hundreds of forms. They can sort by flagged entries (or exceptions) to see breaches in company policies. Admins can export data from executive review, check that managers stay within guidelines, and quickly see what data is in the system.
What are the new filtering options available?
Executive Review gave the ability to filter, sort, view, and export data by any demographic field.
(Standard Executive Review filtering)
With the new enhancement on the Executive Review users are now able maximise their productivity with:
- Filters based on standard or custom reportable columns
- Filters on comp-ratio and range penetration
- Filters on Compensation planners
- Filters based on entry in comments fields
- Filters based on promotions
With these enhancements we are now able to create filters on our businesses top performers, highest and lowest comp-ratio earners or a combination of any matrix within the worksheets.
The population filter has also had an overhaul with the inclusion of both the Second and Team Manager hierarchies alongside the individual employees and other standard population filters.
(Advance Executive Review filtering)
Ready to enable this feature?
Ensure the correct users have access to the Executive Review feature via the Role-Based Permissions feature in the Admin Center.
Enable the Advanced Executive Filters in Company Settings from the Action for All Plans tab.
(Feature enabled through the check box option)
Considerations and limitations
You can only use one filter at a time; however, each filter can be built to meet specific needs.
Once a filter is applied it will remain on the sheet until removed, once a user has left the sheet it will not be dropped! Remember to remove your filters once applied!
Custom filters are created for each specific template by the end users, they aren’t transferable.
Enabling the Advance Executive Filters gives users complete flexibility to sort data by any field within the worksheets to meet the needs of the business, and potentially giving more time back to the users for other tasks!
- Find out how to run an Executive Review Report
- Official notes on the Enhanced Executive Review can be found in the H1 2021 release notes
- For first look at what’s coming up in the next release, check out the SAP SuccessFactors YouTube channel
- SAP Community topic page for SAP SuccessFactors
- More details on the Executive Review and implementation can be found within the Compensation Implementation Guide
- Further questions? Put them to the community!
Please use the comments section for any thoughts and feedback. For more blogs in the Total Reward space follow the tag on my profile! More blog’s can also be found within the community.