Explore the New SAP S/4HANA Utilities Trial with Four Guided Tours
This is your opportunity to learn first-hand about the benefits of the SAP S/4HANA Utilities solution.
- Get hands-on experience in a live SAP S/4HANA Utilities system
- Dive into SAP S/4HANA Utilities through four selected role-based guided tours for metering, billing, and customer engagement
- Explore the key capabilities and learn how to optimize the processing of metering data in SAP S/4HANA Utilities
- Get a first impression of how billing processes are streamlined through role-based FIORI user interfaces
- Discover utilities industry-specific processes in the Interaction Center for the role of a customer service agent
Graphic 1: SAP:COM entry page Utilities | Industry Software | SAP
All scenarios that can be explored in this trial are based on the innovations that have been implemented as part of the SAP S/4HANA Utilities solution. An overview of all these SAP S/4HANA Utilities innovations can be discovered through the SAP Road Map Explorer or https://help.sap.com/utilities
Within this trial, you will have the possibility to explore the FIORI roles for the metering and billing specialists. These FIORI roles provide a holistic view and monitoring of the complete meter-to-cash mass process in Utilities.
They contain a flexible and intuitive analysis of the execution progress and the exceptions in the area of billing, as well as providing a user-friendly visualization for decision-making processes. In addition, they improve operational efficiency in the back-office.
Graphic 2: App Outstanding Billing Overview
Another option for exploring the SAP S/4HANA Utilities trial are the processes around the customer service agent in the Customer Engagement solution:
The SAP S/4HANA for Customer Engagement is a simplified version of SAP CRM embedded into SAP S/4HANA Utilities. Unlike SAP CRM 7, it uses a harmonized data model within the SAP S/4HANA database scheme, which means that no middleware is required to replicate data, resulting in a simplified system landscape that you can run at a lower total cost of ownership. Within this trial you can explore the rich functionality tailored to the utilities industry within SAP S/4HANA Utilities for Customer Engagement, for example:
- Identification – powerful searches for both business and technical master data
- Configurable and extensible data environments – providing a 360° view and all details for both a specific business partner and for a specific premise
- Fast Move-In (for regulated markets) – creating a contract for a new business partner and an existing premise on one single screen
Graphic 3: Customer Engagement Premise Overview
Do not miss the opportunity to test drive SAP S/4HANA Utilities at your own convenience and access the trial here.
For the immediate start please see also the blog for getting a hyperscaler acoount, creating and accessing the instance in SAP Cloud Appliance Library (CAL). The videos in this blog show the examples for SAP S/4HANA and can be applied in the same way for S/4HANA Utilities.
Hello Mr. Schweinfurth,
the solution can be redeployed from scratch after 30 trial days or this is a one-time deployment?
Just because we would need more than 30 days for exploration.. No problem if data/configuration is lost.
Thank you in advance and best regards,
Hello Mr. Schweinfurth,
are-there any demo guides as https://blogs.sap.com/2019/04/23/sap-s4hana-fully-activated-appliance-demo-guides/ defined for Utilities?
Thanks and best regards,
apologies for the late response as I have just returned from holiday today.
To your questions:
I hope this helps.
Thanks and regards,