Pre-built Workflow Content to Handle Credit Memo Request in SAP S/4HANA
SAP Workflow Management enables the digitalization of workflows, decision management, and visibility on end-to-end business processes (SAP & non-SAP). It empowers business experts to configure new process variations in an LCNC (low-code/no-code) approach and provides business users with SAP Fiori-based user interfaces.
With SAP Workflow Management, our customer gets access to pre-built process content templates/samples across applications. A workflow content package can include re-usable workflow models, decision logic, dashboards to monitor the process, user interfaces, and integration flows to connect with the backend system. This enables our customers to import such templates, change them as per their requirements, and run the process in a limited time.
Read more and gain some valuable insights on Workflow Management here.
Credit Memo Requests in SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud
A credit memo request is a sales document used in complaints processing to request credit for a customer. Creating credit memo requests is a part of Sales and Distribution in SAP S/4HANA.
In situations where the calculated prices are incorrect, or if discounts are not applied etc. a credit memo request can be created. The credit memo request can be automatically blocked for credit . Once it has been approved, you can remove the block.
The system uses the credit memo request to create a credit memo.
The package – , deals with such credit memo requests that are marked for external approvals.
Workflow Package for Credit Memo Requests in SAP S4/HANA
SAP Workflow Management now has a new workflow template to manage external approvals for credit memo requests in SAP S/4HANA (on-premise and cloud).
Key features of the workflow packages for Credit Memo Requests
- Pre-built integration flows (together with SAP Event Mesh) enable event-driven architecture. What it means:
- When a credit memo request is created in SAP S/4HANA and is configured for external approval, then it automatically creates a workflow in SAP Workflow Management (also based on approval reason code).
- It also provides plug-and-play with SAP S/4HANA without any additional development for the credit memo request.
- The package provides flexibility in determining approvers – You can determine the approvers either from SAP S/4HANA (or other external applications) or configure business rules in SAP BTP.
- Automatic email notification to approvers.
- Option of enabling additional validation on credit memo requests before performing the approvals.
- With re-usable process steps or workflows (Approve Credit Memo, Update Credit Memo, etc.), users can easily create new process variants in a low-code/no-code approach based on different attributes of the credit memo request. For example, you could have a two-step approval process for all requests above 5,000 USD, one-step approval for requests below 5,000 USD, provided that the additional validations are successful.
- Users can enable step conditions based on one or more credit memo request attributes. For example, you could allow additional approval steps for a credit memo requests that are credit blocked.
- Approval tasks are available in the “My Inbox” application in SAP BTP with pre-built user interfaces.
- Out-of-the-box visibility into key process performance indicators like open credit memo requests, credit memo requests awaiting approvals, credit memo requests by approval relevance, etc. Our customer can configure the dashboard to add additional performance indicators or change the visualization (for example, from pie chart to column chart).
Note: The Manage Credit Memo Requests package neither replaces nor has all the features of SAP Credit Management or Financial Supply Chain Management. It enables an approval process with information about the credit memo request. Our customers could use this package for exception management, notifications, auditing for the particular credit memo requests after approval from one or more personas like credit manager, finance analysts, etc.
How to get the workflow templates
The Manage Credit Memo Requests comes as a part of SAP Workflow Management. In addition, high-level information about the content is available in SAP API Business Hub (Manage Credit Memo Requests), where you can view process steps & templates along with the setup guide, configuration guide, and user guides. If you want to consume the process content package, you need a subscription/CPEA license to SAP Workflow Management. If you want to consume the process content package, you need a subscription/CPEA license to SAP Workflow Management. They are also available in the trial landscape.
Setup your SAP BTP Tenant
Before importing the packages, you need to setup your SAP BTP tenant. Follow the setup guide of the respective packages for any pre-requisites (required services, roles, setting up destinations in SAP BTP tenant, etc.).
Import packages to your SAP BTP tenant
Once you have a subscription/CPEA license to SAP Workflow Management (or using the SAP BTP trial), you will be able to search and import the content package into your SAP BTP tenant using the Process Flexibility Cockpit app.
When you import the workflow package, it will automatically import the respective workflows or process steps, business rules, user interface required for the approval task, process visibility dashboard.
Once the developer imports the workflow package (consists of process steps/workflows, decisions, dashboard, and user interfaces) into your SAP BTP tenant, follow the configuration guides of the respective packages to set up new variants, configure decisions, and process visibility dashboard.
Setup integration between SAP S/4HANA and SAP Workflow Management
To automatically create an approval workflow for Credit Memo Request approvals or to start an approval process to release a sales order credit block in SAP BTP, you need to setup SAP Event Mesh together with SAP .
In your integration tenant, discover and import “SAP S/4HANA Integration with SAP Workflow Management – Credit Memo”. It contains two integration flows for the three lifecycle events of a Credit Memo Requests – Create, Change and Delete. Configure the integration flows and deploy them. Setup SAP Event Mesh to receive the events from SAP S/4HANA (on-premise or cloud), and for the Credit Memo Request events to call the respective iflows. The following business events are required for the Credit Memo Request package:
The set-up guide and integration guide in the package explains in detail about the steps required.
With the Manage Credit Memo Request package sample template our customers can easily configure external approvals for Credit Memo Requests in SAP S/4HANA (on-premise and cloud). It provides flexibility in configuring different variation of the approval process based on the request attributes.
The scenario can be easily integrated with the pre-built integration, to enable an event-driven architecture in handling standard orders in SAP S/4HANA.
The content packages are already available on SAP API Business Hub along with many other contents for different lines of businesses and the list is growing day-by-day. They can be enhanced further by our customers to meet the business requirements.