Plateau Report Designer-Setup and Troubleshooting Tips
In this Article we will cover the feature and functionality of PRD(Plateau report Designer). Plateau Report Designer (PRD) is a tool provided by successFactors to customize LMS reports. Through PRD we can add/remove columns of a standard LMS report,adding brand value to a report(company Logo)and also we can create custom reports as well from scratch as per the customer’s Requirement based on feasibility.
Before we proceed to brief of PRD we have to understand and meet the prerequisites, So below are the prerequisites for a consultant:
- LMS Standard Report knowledge (Which reports uses for what purpose)
- Consultant should be aware of SQL briefly (Joins & Unions)
- Consultant must have assigned to Report Developer Role Access in LMS on lower environment
- PRD needs to be installed properly on the System (Reference would be to download it from LMS instance itself to avoid latest version issue)
- Must be aware of all the Table name & column names, if not aware please download the Data Dictionary from SAP Help.
Process to follow:
- Assignment of required Role:
Navigate to System Administration > Security > Administrators >Search Admin id > Assigned Roles
2. Installation of PRD:
Navigate to Reports > Learning Report Designer to download PRD. You will get this option only if above role assigned to you.
3.Once PRD installed, Launch PRD from the location you have installed.
4. If you want to customize a standard report, Export the report package to your Local Machine,Or else you can create a new one by clicking New Report from File Tab.
5. As a beginner, need to understand the below:
* Data Source: Is for build connection between LMS and PRD
* Data Set: Where the SQL query will store
* Report Parameter: Filters you want to use in LMS
6. For a New Custom report follow the below:
- File > New > New Report > Enter File Name > Select Blank Report > Finish
- Right Click on Data Source > New Data Source > JDBC Data Source > Enter the required details as shown below.
- All the details will be available in your LMS admin interface.(Reports > Learning Report Designer )
Driver Class: de.simplicit.vjdbc.VirtualDriverBirtWrapper (v1.6)
Database URL: jdbc:vjdbc:servlet:https://<Customername>-stage.plateau.com/vjdbc/vjdbc,db10g
User Name: Admin ID Which you use for login as an Admin
Password: Click on Generate Password > Copy Password > Paste on PRD
After enter all the above click on Test connection for a Successful connection. > OK
- Right click on Data Set > New Dataset > Rename the Dataset name as per report Reference > Next
- Wright down your Query accordingly > Finish
- If any error in your SQL query system will Throw error or else it will show you the OUTPUT COLUMNS of your query.
- Click on Preview Result to verify the Data of your query
- Click on OK
7. Once Query is ready, we need to create the Layout (CSV or HTML & PDF) of the Report. For creating layout Drag and drop the Dataset in Body.
- It will ask what column you want to add in layout, Select Accordingly.
- You can change the Labels by double clicking on the Header.
8. Report Parameter :
- Report Parameter we need to add in the report package where all the filter and options Admin wants to be available while running the report .
- To add report parameter, need to Click on the Resource Explorer. As shown below :
- Here You need to add the Filter/Criteria’s from Plateau.rptlibrary where all the filters/Criteria were available. Like : UserSearch,curriculumSearch,itemSearch etc .
Expand Plateau.rptlibrary > Report Parameter
- For CSV report you need to Add two Parameter in your report Package
- And for PDF/HTML report you need to add
9. Save Report Zip
- Once report is Ready you need to Save the Package as Zip folder.
10. Now you can Import the Package and verify the Data
NOTE : if item title or curriculum title is not populating correctly please follow below :
– Double-click the localized field that you added to the report
– Click fx to open Expression Builder
– Paste the following code:
– Change CPNT_DESC to the localized field column name
– Click OK twice to save your changes
– Preview the report
Also please find the KBA from SAP which will help you with your issues with related to PRD : 2777238 .
Hope this Article will help for the beginners to Learn PRD and explore more .
Will write another Article with advanced functionality of PRD soon.
Stay Home Stay Safe, will come back with a new blog post soon .
Hi Suman Sahu.-
Thanks for your help, was very usefully!
I have only one observation, that maybe can affect some users, in the step 9, in my case I cannot export the zipFile, the button not made any action.
Because the above, I made all again, but is "very recomended" make the step 4 like that Suman indicate, because if you drag and drop the Zipfile directly in the report designer, you cannot export it in zip format when you finish your develop (with the export tool of the report desingner).
Thanks for your help BR.
Hi @Ignacio Miranda,
Could you please confirm me, If the Export/Save folder is enable or not for you ?
As per my understanding it won't, or else you would have able to save the package.
If that is the case, Please click on the layout after you click on save icon. The Export option will be enable for you after that.
Thanks a lot! Very useful and detailed