Workshop: Collaborative Database Development in SAP HANA Cloud, HANA Database
September 28th to September 30th
SAP HANA Cloud is built for collaboration—that’s why, as part of the Virtual Data and Analytics Forum at the end of September, we’re holding a special workshop session on Collaborative Database Development in SAP HANA Cloud, HANA Database.
Our workshop aims to help SAP HANA Cloud users on a variety of collaborative topics, from changing data structures and automating application deployment to setting up template projects for use by your colleagues. Through hands-on sessions, you’ll learn about how to enable your team members through SAP HANA Cloud’s flexible data management capabilities.
The workshop will take place over three days, from September 28th to September 30th. Each in-depth, hour-long daily session will guided by Volker Saggau/Jan Zwickel. Here’s a quick preview of what to expect throughout the workshop:
Session 1 – Project Lifecycle Management & HDI Concepts in SAP HANA Cloud, SAP HANA database
- In the first session, we’ll focus on setting up development spaces and projects in SAP HANA Cloud, including facilitating connections. We’ll also look at using different methods of changing data structures to best suit your needs.
Session 2 – Create a CAP Application and Automate Project Deployment using CI/CD
- In the second session, we’ll walk you through the process of creating and deploying a CAP application. SAP HANA Cloud allows users to deploy projects at speed, so we’ll take a close look at all the tools that the platform offers to help you achieve this, from setting up Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery to preparing the project deployment flow and automatic deployment.
Session 3 – Creating Project Templates for Team Members in SAP Business Application Studio
- In the third session, we’ll show you how to create template projects that help to set up service connections, handle synonyms, and prepare authorization management. These template projects can then be used by your teammates, increasing efficiency and reducing manual work. We’ll also cover how to create calculation views so that you’re prepared for reporting using visualization tools like SAP Analytics Cloud.
Since this workshop is hands-on, you’ll be best prepared if you complete the following steps before the beginning of the workshop:
- Sign up for the free SAP HANA Cloud trial.
- Provision an instance of SAP HANA Cloud, SAP HANA database and make sure it’s running.
- Subscribe to the free SAP Business Application Studio trial.
- Subscribe to the CI/CD service in BTP cockpit.
- Create a free account on www.github.com to use the required sample data.
If you need help with the preparation, you can find detailed instructions in this preparation reader or ask questions in the SAP Community using the tag SAP HANA Cloud.
You can sign up for the workshop here. We’re looking forward to having you!