One-Stop shop mission for SAP SuccessFactors Software Partners
If you are an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) looking to integrate or extend SAP SuccessFactors with your own, you likely need some guidance and help with fundamental questions such as: Which partnership program is right for me? What is the overall engagement process? How do I get SAP SuccessFactors development tenants? What development support is available? What is the go-to-market opportunities? How are joint customers supported? And perhaps more importantly – where do I start?
This blog aims to develop a baseline understanding of the phases that are involved in becoming an SAP SuccessFactors software partner and how to build an Integration
The high-level Process overview is as below:
Please follow the steps below
Step1: Get your S-User ID
This is a Pre-Requisite for starting our SAP Discovery Center mission journey which guides you through the partnership while building SAP SuccessFactors extensions.
Get your S-User ID by applying as a SAP PartnerEdge OpenEcosystem – Build Partner. S-User ID is needed to access various portals at SAP and to start the mission journey.
- Where do I apply for SAP PartnerEdge OpenEcosystem Build?
Please apply for “SAP PartnerEdge open ecosystem – Build” – Apply | SAP PartnerEdge – Build Program(Scroll down the page to find the link to apply)
During this step if you have any questions, please write email to – SAP PE Build Helpline PE_Build_Helpline@sap.com
Step2: Start the mission via SAP Discovery Center
Once you have completed the onboarding with the SAP PartnerEdge OpenEcosystem – Build program please start the mission which is specific to SAP SuccessFactors Build Partners “Build SAP SuccessFactors Extensions as an SAP Partner”.
The mission is project-based. Lists and cards are the primary User Interface elements that drive this experience. Lists address each phase of the journey and cards address individual steps within each phase.
Cards are pre-filled with content such as instructions/tasks/know-hows. Every card has criteria and should be marked as completed when appropriate.
How do I start the mission?
- Navigate to Build SAP SuccessFactors Extensions as an SAP Partner
- Login using your S-User ID and Password by clicking on Logon button on the right-hand top corner
- Once you have logged in, click on “Start Mission” button in the page
- Write 1 or 2 sentences why you are starting this mission
- What is the difference between SAP PartnerEdge – Build (PE Build) and SAP PartnerEdge OpenEcosystem-Build (OE Build)?
OE Build is the starting entry point for Independent Software vendors which helps them by providing S-User access to SAP Help materials and various portals to understand the SAP Partnership. A vendor can order Non-Commercial Licenses using this program and develop Extensions/Integrations to SAP SuccessFactors.
Once you have built the integrated solution it is time to switch to PartnerEdge Build. This will offer you PartnerEdge benefits like:
- SAP SuccessFactors Extensibility Advisory | Innovation | Partner Benefits Catalog | Partner Marketplace
- Applying for Application Readiness Check
- SAP Partner Portal | Market & Sell Solution
- Listing the solution in SAP Store
- How does Integration feasibility assessment happen?
After you start the “Build SAP SuccessFactors Extensions mission”, you will be submitting the vetting questionnaire. SAP SuccessFactors product team investigates the answers and provides the assessment via the mission cards.
This will help you to align on the Integration tools and technology.
- What materials should I as a SAP Partner follow to build the Integration?
SAP SuccessFactors Implementation Design principles have to be followed to build the integration in the right way. Especially those related to Integration and Platform topics might be relevant for you.
- When I have questions related to Non-Commercial Licenses where should I check?
Please check the FAQ here.
- What are the various portals which SAP SuccessFactors Partners need to be aware about?
- SAP SuccessFactors Partner Delivery Group (PDG) For posting your technical questions.
- SAP Improvement Finder For posting your improvement ideas/requesting enhancements.
- SAP Road Map Explorer For understanding the roadmap.
What are the advantages of starting the mission and building the integration versus building the integration on your own?
- SAP Coach is assigned via mission who would provide SAP SuccessFactors Product advice.
- You can conduct solution walkthrough with SAP Coach and get the feedback.
- Early insights into product overlaps if any
- Product standards are baked into the mission which are mandatory for the SAP Partners to follow.
We recommend our SAP SuccessFactors Partner Ecosystem to build the Extension/Integration by starting the Build SAP SuccessFactors Extensions as an SAP Partner mission.
Build once and build it the right way! Happy Integrating!