One-Stop shop mission for SAP SuccessFactors Software Partners
Build SAP SuccessFactors Extensions as an SAP Partner (Link) is a self-service capability to help software partners (SAP PartnerEdge Build/ Open Ecosystem – Build) in their journey to build complementary solutions while adhering to best practices. This mission is hosted on SAP Discovery Center and is supported by SAP SuccessFactors Partner Success team.
Note: To access the mission, you need S-User/P-User. Please refer to the P-User creation steps in the last section of this blog.
Mission Project Team:
- SAP Coach (Product Expert from SAP SuccessFactors)
- Software Partner team (Product Manager/Project Manager to manage the mission, Implementation team to build the Integration/Extension)
About The Mission:
The design of the mission is a mix of process and technical considerations
- How do I start?
- Where to apply for SAP Partnership?
- Where do I host my partner solution?
- What is the engagement model for commercialization?
- How to build the Integration/Extension to SAP SuccessFactors?
- What are the cloud product standards for Software Partner integrations?
- What are the best practices to be followed?
The mission is project-based. Lists and cards are the primary User Interface elements that drive this experience. Lists address each phase of the journey and cards address individual steps within each phase.
Cards are pre-filled with content such as instructions/tasks/know-hows. Every card has criteria and should be marked as completed when appropriate. The project team can be onboarded and the implementation team can be assigned to appropriate cards for execution.
Project Board (Please click on the image to enlarge):
SAP Discovery Center Highlight:
The key feature of SAP Discovery Center is that as an SAP Partner, you can create and host your own mission for implementing the solution. This can be helpful for Implementation teams to follow step-by-step instructions to implement your Integration/Extension. Thus, completing the entire journey from Independent Software Vendor (No SAP Partnership) > Software Partner (SAP Partner) > Service Partner (SAP partner serving the mutual customers)
How to Create a P-User?
You need a user ID to access the SAP Discovery Center. If you are an existing partner use your S-User ID, and if you are a new vendor then you need to create a P-User.
Creating a P-User is a 3-step process:
- Go to the website sap.com.
- Click on the “Profile” icon on the top right-hand side of the page.
- This will take you to a registration page. Provide your corporate email address and other details.
- Once you agree to the terms and conditions and submit the registration form, you will receive an email for verification purposes.
- Upon confirmation, you will receive your P-User details to access the SAP Discovery Center.
- You can also use this P-User to access SAP API Business Hub, SAP Community
To build integration/extensions to SAP SuccessFactors, we recommend you to follow the product standards mentioned in the mission “Build SAP SuccessFactors Extensions as an SAP Partner” (Link), this ensures the success rate of Application Readiness Check (solution validation).