Leverage SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (SAP iRPA) to automate CDS views creation in SAP S/4 HANA Cloud.
As CDS views are the emerging data modelling framework, automating the creation of complex CDS views would considerably help reduce time, cost, and effort for organisations.
SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) facilitates such automations and extensions for organisations, with an easy low-code or no-code paradigm.
In this blog series, I would like to show you, how you could utilise the SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (SAP iRPA) and SAP Conversational AI (SAP CAI) technologies from SAP BTP to create a ‘Smart CDS View Assistant’ which would help development teams to automate CDS views creation.
The high-level solution of the ‘Smart CDS View Assistant’ is as follows:
The ‘Smart CDS View Assistant’ consists of the following intelligent features:
- SAP iRPA bot that automates creation of custom CDS views in SAP S/4 HANA Cloud is triggered via the embedded SAP CAI chatbot in the application.
- Provides user assistance on complex data modelling queries.
- Provide relevant SAP Help documentation links.
In the below video, ‘Smart CDS View Assistant’ with the above features has been broadly demonstrated .
With this blog post, you have seen how intelligent technologies from SAP BTP and SAP S/4HANA Cloud could be leveraged to create intelligent applications.
In the upcoming blog posts, I will show you how to:
- Create a bot using SAP iRPA to automate custom CDS views creation.
- Create SAP iRPA job triggers in SAP BTP for bot execution via SAP CAI.
- Assist user by providing information on various complex data sources – Via consumption of SAP CAI’s API service.
- Assist the user with product documentation – Via messages & links to access SAP Help documentation.
In case of any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave them in the comment section.
Thank you and have a great time!