Print Purchase Orders from Ariba Using SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation
In this blog post I would like to show a use-case to automate the process of printing purchase order from Ariba using an SAP iRPA bot. The screenshots and recording are all my own. I am using a Cloud SAP trial account for the purposes of this exercise
I have divided this scenario into two parts –
Part 1: Create an automation to login to SAP Ariba
Part 2: Create an automation to print the purchase order from the SAP Ariba Administrator
Here are the pre-requisites –
- Access to your organizations Ariba site. If you don’t have access then reach out to your designated support contact to get access.
- SAP IRPA installation and set-up of the Desktop Agent should be completed. Please click on the link to create a trial account https://www.sap.com/cmp/td/sap-intelligent-robotic-process-automation-free-trial.html
Part 1:- Create Automation to Login to SAP Ariba
1.a Create an Application and Capture the Login Page. Declare elements like Username, Password and, Logon
1.b Create an Automation to log into SAP Ariba
Part 2:- Create Automation to print the purchase order confirmation from SAP Ariba using SAP iRPA bot
2.a Capture the home screen and declare the element – Manage
2.b Capture the drop down and declare the element Purchase order
2.c Capture the PO search Screen, declare the element Order Id and search
2.d Capture the search result screen and declare an element PO23, to point the bot to click in order to open the purchase order
2.e Capture the Print screen and declare the element Print
2.f Create an automation to print the purchase order
Demo Video : https://sapvideoa35699dc5.hana.ondemand.com/?entry_id=1_wri785mm
For More Information:
- Explore: Product Information | Successful Use Cases
- Exchange knowledge: SAP Community | Q&A | Blog
- Try SAP Intelligent RPA for Free: Trial Version | Pre-built Bots
- Learn more: Webinars | Help Portal | openSAP
- Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
Nice blog thanks. Have one question. How the bot decides which purchase order to be printed.
Hi Pranil, For this demo i had hard coded the purchase order number..But, the bot can be automated to read the purchase order number at run time... for example if the users get emails to print purchase order, the bot can be automated to read the purchase order from an email and this functionality can be extended further for the bot to reply to the email with the print purchase order..
Ah ok. I was just thinking from practical point of view. Thanks for explaining it with an example.