Content Server Migration to SAP Document Management Repository
The purpose of this blog post is to describe the steps to migrate content from SAP S/4HANA content server to SAP Document Management Repositories.
The following scenario is applicable for SAP S/4HANA on-premise 1809 and higher releases.
You must carefully read and follow below notes and blog post:
- SAP Note 389366 – Relocation of documents
- SAP Note 1536325 – Enhancement for report RSIRPIRL
- SAP Note 2991944 – Introducing the Delay mode in report RSIRPIRL
- To use document management as a content repository with SAP S/4HANA, refer to this help.
Executing RSIRPIRL report for Migration
Report RSIRPIRL works with attachments that are stored with applications like DMS, GOS etc.,
- Open transaction SE38 and run the report RSIRPIRL
- Input either document area or PHIO class.
- Input Source Category (SAP S/4HANA Content Server Category)
- Input Target Category (Storage category for CMIS Content Server, follow help to create one)
- Input Date Range (optional)
- Check or uncheck Test Run accordingly.
- Check or uncheck Delay Deletion accordingly.
- Check or uncheck Skip Empty Documents accordingly.
If Test Run is checked, it will simulate and list all the documents that will be migrated, but no document will be migrated in process.
If it is unchecked, migration will be triggered.
If Delay Deletion is checked, the documents are not deleted immediately from the Source Category.
Individual documents more than 400 MB are not migrated.
I hope, you can benefit from the steps presented in the blog post.
In case of questions or feedback, please feel free to comment on this blog post or post your questions here.