What is SAPUI5?
What is SAPUI5?
SAPUI5 is an HTML5 framework for creating cross-platform, enterprise-grade web applications in an efficient way. What started as a small project is now one of the most successful technologies ever invented by SAP. But why is SAPUI5 used by all major SAP products, by many customers as well as partners? And why is it even successful in the open-source community beyond any SAP context?
The Value of SAPUI5 in 110 Seconds
(share this blog post and the video )
The Value of SAPUI5
The individual capabilities of SAPUI5 help you to easily build enterprise apps. Here are some of the most important value adds that SAPUI5 delivers:
- Consistent UX: SAPUI5 enables the SAP Fiori design evolution towards a consistent user experience across SAP solutions (and beyond).
- Use anywhere: SAPUI5 allows a single, responsive app implementation for all browsers, platforms, and devices.
- Hundreds of enterprise UI elements: SAPUI5 offers a rich set of UI elements to build professional user interfaces for an enterprise context while complying to product standards such as security and accessibility. With UI5 Web Components, an important new web standard is utilized by SAPUI5 and integration cards. UI5 Web Components also extend UI5 to all web technology stacks.
- Easy to integrate: SAPUI5 lets you run large numbers of highly-consistent apps that can be integrated to complex business processes of the SAP ecosystem.
- Powerful extension options: You can extend SAP standard apps and customize UIs without any coding effort thanks to SAPUI5’s integrated adaptation capabilities.
- Flexible tools for any developer: SAPUI5 comes with development environments and tools to efficiently build, test, and deploy apps. Both in pro-code as well as low-code ways.
- Benefit from innovations: SAPUI5 brings a clear lifecycle separation of application and framework code to centrally innovate while being upgrade-compatible.
- Unlimited usage in SAP and non-SAP: SAPUI5 qualities are also available for non-SAP technology stacks and as open source (OpenUI5).
To summarize with a customer quote: “SAPUI5 is fantastic for business apps.”
And with UI5 Web Components, any web page in the world can easily benefit from fantastic UI qualities.
SAPUI5 documentation, samples, demos, tools
UI5 Web Components
Learning SAPUI5 for Beginners
Sweet! The images really resamble the UI5 UX - congratulations for the SAP designers who worked on the video.
It helps a lot explaning what it is for those who are interested on the topic.
Thanks a lot Fabio, this goes to Sebastian Moreno and colleagues!
Hi Oliver Graeff great blog! Thanks for sharing it!