SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation 2.0 What’s new 2108 -Upcoming Release
With the SAP Intelligent RPA 2108 release available, this blog post will highlight some of the new release features available for you.
You’ll discover the new exciting Cloud updates including the execution performance improvements on SAP Web GUI, some new automation editor productivity improvements, the redesign of the look and feel of some sections in cloud factory and many more cloud functionalities.
Finally, we’ll finish with the SDK Packages updates including the new activity lifecycle, as well as updates in our EXCEL sdk package and new activities for SAP UI5 connectors and web connectors.
Release Agenda – What’s new 2108
- Execution performance improvements for SAP Web GUI
- Automation editor improvements
- Range criteria restriction in Web application
- Date pickers in User task editor
- Cloud Factory tabs UX improvements
- Agent Group mass registration updates
- Trigger expiration management
- Updated activities’ lifecycle
- Improved Excel SDK
- New activities for web connectors
- UI5 file uploader activity
In our Cloud Studio, you can easily build automations with a low-code/no-code approach. To further enhance this capabilities, we’ve done the following…
Improved execution performance on SAP Web GUI
Test and run SAP Web GUI recorded automations in batch mode to run faster execution and improve performance
Automation editor productivity improvements
In continuation with the Automation editor improvements we’ve implemented in the previous releases, we have now 3 new updates.
- You can now annotate any step of the automation by writing some comments in the advanced panel of the parameters of each step of an automation.
- You can now quickly create sub automations by extracting steps from an existing automation to create a new sub automation
Finally, another improvements is the duplication of automation steps between automation artifacts whether you want to duplicate a step in an other automation inside the same project or across other projects. This is done by using the copy / paste feature between the automations.
Range criteria restriction in Web Application capture
- Replaced the ‘range’ criteria for collection element declarations on web captures with the ‘nth child tag’ criteria
- Previous captures using this range property will now have an error message to indicate you should change the element declaration
Date pickers in Cloud Studio User Task editor
Add Date, Time and Date Time pickers components when designing your user task and bind the I/O when using them in your automations
Simplified agent group and environment management
Converted Agent Group and Environment overview tables in Cloud Factory for better user experience :
- Better visual harmony and structure
- Easily find information
- Search and sort results on columns
Facilitate agent management in Cloud Factory
Improved overall look and feel when managing the agent overview section :
- Multi select agents to facilitate actions on a large number of selected agents
- Color coded statuses
- Owner property displayed
Agent Group mass registration updates
- Create a registration to generate a token from the cloud factory and target specific agents and agent groups for job distributions
- Edit properties of an existing registration including the name and the target agent group selected
Trigger expiration updates in Cloud Factory
- If a trigger has been expired for too long, the trigger expiration date can be exceeded and the notifier Expired event will not be supported anymore
- Capped expiration date of a trigger to a maximum of 30 days when creating new triggers
Introduction to new SDK Activities’ lifecycle
Prepare for the upcoming status of activities following the new activities’ lifecycle and visible in the tools panel according to the filtering
Excel activities improvements
New activity for web connectors
Select an element in a list or in a combo by its text
- New for web page elements but already available in other technologies
- Available using Get selected and Select element activities
File uploader activity in automations on UI5 screens
- In SAP UI5 captures, the Browse File button doesn’t support the SAPUI5 click method call
- New activity added to browse file from file system and is available in both V1 and V2.
235 Bots in on our Public Store including new 2.0 content
Thank you and stay tuned, the release of this version will happen very soon !
To learn more about other SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation enhancements, please refer to the What’s New page.