SAP Central Finance – (Replication of Project WBS as Editable)
How to make Project/WBS Editable in Central Finance?
In Central Finance S/4 HANA 1909, Standard Replication of Project/WBS from source to Central Finance via IDOCs. Standard process replicates Project/WBS, which are non-editable in nature. It limits the capability of centralizing processes like settlement, etc in Central Finance System.
In order to make Project/WBS editable in Central Finance Replication S/4 HANA 1909, below steps can be followed in Central Finance System:
1. Create Logical System Name – Transaction Code BD54
2. Partner Profile Configuration – Transaction Code WE20
Standard Message Type and inbound process code is used here.
Alternatively, custom inbound process code can be used here. There are two advantages of not using standard inbound process code:
a) It takes care of Inbound request creation in AIF monitoring
b) It also helps in creating the MDG mapping for Project and WBS automatically in case custom create/change process completed successfully. (Custom Create/Change Process is explained in subsequent steps)
3. Copy Function Module FINS_CFIN_PS_AIF_PROCESS to Custom Function Module ZFINS_CFIN_PS_AIF_PROCESS and assign the function module in AIF Customization.
a) Assignment of custom function module in AIF Customization
- Go to transaction code /AIF/CUST : SAP Application Interface Framework -> Define Actions
- Select Process Project Data and click on Define Functions
- Assign Custom Function in the below setup
b) Below things to be taken care in copied Function Module:
- Copy the class CF_FINS_CFIN_PS_AIF_EVENTS to ZCF_FINS_CFIN_PS_AIF_EVENTS. Change the Method GET_INSTANCE.
- Create a class ZCL_FINS_CFIN_PS_AIF_EVENTS and implement interface IF_FINS_CFIN_PS_AIF_EVENTS
- Implement Method IF_FINS_CFIN_PS_AIF_EVENTS~BEFORE_PROCESSING
- Implement IF_FINS_CFIN_PS_AIF_EVENTS~PROCESS. This method is the place where Project/WBS Creation/Change/Delete code should be written. Following BAPIs can be used for Project/WBS Management :
BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN -> For creating/Changing Project
BAPI_BUS2054_CREATE_MULTI -> Create WBS and Hierarchies
BAPI_BUS2054_CHANGE_MULTI -> Update WBS
BAPI_BUS2054_DELETE_MULTI -> For deleting WBS
BAPI_BUS2001_SET_STATUS -> Set Project Status
BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS -> Set WBS Status
Note: Status management is key in this custom build, as different status needs to handled using above status change BAPI.
- On successful completion of above BAPI, call MDG framework to save mapping.
4. Outcome of Project/WBS Replication can be monitored using transaction code /AIF/IFMON or via WE05. Error Reprocessing can be done using transaction code /AIF/ERR or BD87
Once Project/WBS is editable, it helps to take advantages of centralized processes in Central Finance. It enables to do WBS settlement processes like asset settlement scenario and makes you future ready in the Central Finance System.
I hope this blog post was helpful for you!