How to trace CPI, NEO or CF, iFlow communicating with On-Premise System
Cloud Integration, formerly called Cloud Platform Integration in BTP Core is an integration tool. It connects other SAP and non-SAP applications hosted in cloud and On-Premise. It facilitates end-to-end process integration through exchange of messages between them. This document focuses on connecting Cloud Integration to an On-Premise SAP system via SAP Cloud Connector and provide guidelines for:
- Tracing Cloud Integration iFlow, Cloud Connector and the SAP backend
- Tracking a Message ID from Cloud Integration iFlow to Cloud Connector and On-Premise system
- A simple ping to SAP system from Cloud Integration iFlow and tracing it end-to-end
- A Cloud Integration iFlow that calls an OData service on the On-Premise SAP system and tracing it end-to-end
The Cloud Integration project and the artifacts used as examples in this document are simple and the focus is on traces rather than artifacts themselves. The same traces can be applied to any complicated Cloud Integration projects with adapter(s) connecting to On-Premise system.
When a Cloud Integration iFlow is accessing an On-Premise SAP system (or any On-Premise system) it is through SAP Cloud Connector and message exchange is shown below and the document covers tracing at each step.
In this whitepaper, we will cover the following scenarios:
- Simple Ping to the on-premise system in SAP Cloud Integration iFlow through Cloud Connector setup
- OData call to on-premise system with End-to-End Tracing
The whitepaper can be found in the following WiKi: