Analytical profiles for Monitoring Business Units in SAP Business ByDesign Cloud ERP
SAP Business ByDesign Cloud ERP analytics users can quickly switch the business context (e.g. companies, org units) they want to analyze without the need to define multiple report selections or KPIs.
With the analytical profiles users can:
- Configure profiles with cross report selection criteria in the business analytics work center
- See and switch the profile in KPIs, reports or the Insights work center
- Extend business profiles by standard or custom master data sources
How to activate Analytical Profiles in the business configuration?
To activate analytical profiles you need to first go into the business configuration to “Analytics” under “System Management” and scope it.
How to create and define Analytical Profiles?
After changing the configuration and assignment of the views in the “Business Analytics” and the “Insights” work centers to the users you need to:
- Create and define your profiles in the business analytics work center
- Adapt the existing reports selections to reference the newly created profiles as “relative selection”.
- Adapt the existing KPIs to use the new selections you have created in the report.
In addition you can also extend profiles with any standard or custom data source for master data in the business analytics work center. To do so you have to select a master data source and click the button “Extend Profile”: