SAP Cloud ALM Extend with APIs (Part 1): Introduction & use-cases
In this series of blog, we will discuss how to extend, innovate, and add value on top of SAP Cloud ALM.
SAP Cloud ALM (https://support.sap.com/en/alm/sap-cloud-alm.html) is the SAP application lifecycle management solution for cloud-centric customers.
SAP Cloud ALM is included in your cloud subscription with SAP Enterprise Support.
The SAP Cloud ALM onboarding process is very simple and lets you create your SAP Cloud ALM tenant and sub-account in minutes. (https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#cloudalmonboarding).
From your SAP Cloud ALM tenant (Public Demo Tenant for example https://support.sap.com/en/alm/demo-systems/cloud-alm-demo-system.html) the SAP Cloud ALM Implementation and Operation components let you create and manipulate a large set of data and resources belonging to your ALM processes.
SAP Cloud ALM APIs
The APIs for SAP Cloud ALM provides external access to your SAP Cloud ALM sub-account and let you manipulate your data and resources created in your SAP Cloud ALM tenant.
The APIs for SAP Cloud ALM are designed to let you extend SAP Cloud ALM capabilities for Implementation and Operations and innovate on top of SAP ALM core capabilities.
Let’s have a look to the different use-cases offered by the SAP Cloud ALM APIs
First, you can benefit from a huge amount of key SAP data to create custom applications for data visualisation and reporting.
Then, you can connect your SAP Cloud ALM tenant to your existing ALM platforms/tools like Test Management (Tricentis, Selenium, …) Project/Task Management (Jira, GitHub, …), Incident Management, CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab, …) Collaboration (Teams, ..) and Operation/Workflow Automation.
Finally, by implementing new connectors and new contents, you can improve the support of your business processes and deliver content/services in the SAP Store for the following elements:
- SAP UI5/Fiori custom applications,
- SAP Analytics Cloud pre-packaged analytics,
- Advanced SAP BTP application from project management (Scrum-Board, Kanban, Project Tracker, …),
- Custom process/solution modelling, BPMN library, …
- Custom project/methodology templates,
- SAP CPI package (3rd Party systems connectors, complex integration scenario, …),
Additionally, the SAP Cloud ALM APIs let you build new services and applications to improve your ALM processes. You can deliver advanced innovative applications and services in the following domains:
- Artificial Intelligence: predictive operations, capacity planning, test optimisation, preventive support, …
- Robotic Process Automation: request authorisations, trigger testing, automatic incident management, optimise systems monitoring, detect security attack, perform backups, …
- Chatbot: advanced support, Service desk operations, …
In the next blog, we will discuss how to start with the SAP Cloud ALM APIs.
Thanks for reading.