News from SAP Activate – SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2108
We are pleased to announce the availability of the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and pre-configuration content in SAP Best Practices Explorer (BPX). This release delivers many updates to the ready-to-run business processes, methodology guidance and the SAP Cloud ALM capabilities that our customers can leverage in their SAP S/4HANA Cloud projects. Here are key highlights for this release, you can learn more in the detailed sections below:
- Now Live: SAP Activate Community
- New and updated ready-to-run business processes in Best Practices Explorer (BPX)
- Updates to SAP Activate methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Updates to SAP Activate methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
- New features in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer
- SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool – New features with 2108 release
- SAP Activate Blogs
SAP Activate Community is LIVE
We would like to announce the launch of the NEW SAP Activate community! Our users can access value blogs from experts and can use the community to stay up to date on all news from SAP Activate. You can post questions, write a blog post and engage with experts. We encourage you to follow the SAP Activate community here. We are looking forward to your posts and questions.
Content updates for SAP Best Practices Explorer
SAP Best Practices Explorer is the one-stop shop for ready-to-run digitized business processes. View the What’s new by checking out the recently released packages and updates to our portfolio of SAP Best Practices solutions. In addition, you can now find SAP S/4HANA Cloud related content in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community.
For more information, please use the links below.
SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition 2108
SAP S/4HANA Public Sector Cloud
SAP Best Practices for SAP Marketing Cloud
SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain
Updates of SAP Activate Methodology SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition in 2108
The SAP Activate content in the Implementation Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition has been enhanced for 2108 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey.
The key highlights are:
- Added to the run phase, a new task on the Test Data Refresh service that allows customers to refresh the Quality tenant with transactional and master data from the Production tenant. The task, Evaluate and Request Test Data Refresh Service, provides guidance and links to content supporting the service.
- Improved the guidance in task Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users related to the initial setup of SAP Cloud ALM. New procedure steps and an accelerator link to a setup blog were added.
- Improved the guidance related to the setup of the quality tenant via SAP Central Business Configuration in task Execute Initial Setup of the Quality System via SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Exchanged the links and references to the SAP Activate jam group with links and references to the new SAP Activate Community. Please follow the community to stay informed of the latest content.
- Remodeled the deliverables and tasks in the Operations and Support workstream to provide better guidance and more detail. Added new accelerators to support the procedure changes.
- Consolidated several tasks in Run related to support services into one task, Access SAP Support Service. This enhances the user experience by consolidating the needed information and accelerators.
Updates of SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
The SAP Activate Methodology content for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition has been enhanced for 2108 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey.
The key highlights are:
- New User Experience tag in the Roadmap Viewer to improve the navigation and help identify the deliverables, tasks and accelerators relevant to SAP Fiori and User Experience.
- Extensive addition and improvements to the Operations and Support workstream to include the information on SAP’s Customer Center of Expertise (CoE). Examples include update to the task Clarify Operational Readiness and Ensure Operational Readiness in the Preparephase, new deliverable Operations Model and Capabilities with three new tasks update and a new task Plan Transition and Handover.
- Updates to the Roadmap Graphic to reflect all changes made. The graphic can be found in the Overview section.
- Various improvement based on the feedback we continue to gather from our internal stakeholders, partners and customers.
New functionality available in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer
The following feature improvements are now available in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer.
- In the “content” tab of a respective roadmap, the left panel is modified with the addition of the scroll bar as well as the collapse and expand feature.
- In the bread crumb row for Tasks, the Task Title was removed and Content was added. By clicking this ‘Content” link, users can come back to see all the filters selected by them.
- When a user hovers on the “Explore All Roadmaps” icon on home screen, the color changes to yellow to indicate that the button can be pressed.
SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool 2108 Release
We continue to build on the innovations from previous releases and further strengthen the analytics part of the application. Some of the significant updates for the release are as follows:
- Test Automation tool test results shown in the Analyze Automated Test Results(AATR) app have been enhanced with Failure Reason field which makes use of pattern recognition and historical error results to provide a correct category for any script failure. This helps in improving the prioritization of error results of an automation run. The AATR app has been also been redesigned to make it more performant.
- Test Data Container(TDC) integration with the Test Automation tool has been further strengthened by allowing association of TDC at a test process level via the Manage Your Test Process (MYTP) app. The API test framework also now supports having field references from TDC for the API payload.
- Post Upgrade Test (PUT) execution can be triggered from the Test Your Process (TYP) application. The options are provided to both trigger and track the PUT test plan, this will enable our customers to also run the PUT test suite more frequently than just the upgrade release.
More details about the features are also available in the release blog.
#Blogs | SAP Activate Blogs | Q2
We invite you to follow the #SAP Activate tag on SAP Community, where you can find the following blog post as well as other posts SAP Activate experts shared with the community. Bob’s blog here explains how to follow the tag to stay on top of all the SAP Activate news.
- Summary of SAP Activate Value blog series by Bob Byrne
- SAP Activate from the Partner POV by Bob Byrne
- SAP Activate “tag” on SAP Community Platform by Bob Byrne
- Writing to make difference – story of SAP Activate book by Jan Musil
- How to use SAP Activate methodology in multi-country deployment projects by Jan Musil
- Another Edition of #bobsblognotes by Bob Byrne
- Navigating SAP Best Practices Explorer (BPX) by Christina Galbreath
- 借助标准业务流程内容，建立决策机制，顺利启动您的项目 by Ying Huang
- SAP Activate Early Preview Process by Kelsey Lapcynski
- We Are LIVE – SAP Activate Community by Bob Byrne
- Debunking Myths about SAP Activate by Dan Ciecko
- Q2 Summary of SAP S/4HANA Value Blog Series by Bob Byrne
- Blog it Forward – Jan Musil, SAP Activate by Jan Musil
- Another Edition of #bobsblognotes by Bob Byrne
- Risk Management in SAP Activate Implementation Methodology by Lisa Kouch
- Data Migration in SAP Activate by Dan Ciecko
Run simple – SAP Activate – Accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA” and follow the SAP Activate tagon SAP Community. The podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Help Portal Product Page here