User Experience Insights
Explore the Value of SAP S/4HANA with SAP S/4HANA Value Starter
Imagine you are a leader at Chuba Coffee, a fictitious, yet fast-growing player among America’s coffee houses. Your customers love you for your wide array of artisanal coffees and the friendly baristas who prepare their drinks daily. As a differentiator, you’ve even started offering a rotating variety of cute and eclectic housewares, electronic accessories, and other consumer goods for purchase online or in store. But recently, you’ve realized Chuba needs more to fulfill your plans of expansion into Europe.
In the new market, your competitors are making improvements in planning, as well as increasing their up-sell and cross-sell opportunities. And they’re achieving all that while providing better customer and employee experiences. To do the same, Chuba wants to take advantage of digital transformation, so you’ve begun exploring the potential of SAP S/4HANA.
At first, you and the rest of the business are overwhelmed by all the options, decisions, and questions before you, including:
- How can SAP S/4HANA provide the tools and capabilities for you to become an intelligent enterprise?
- What would be the incremental and new capabilities to run the business better?
- What is the financial benefit for the business to run better?
But then, the SAP S/4HANA Value Starter program helps you build confidence as you work with SAP experts to plan your path to SAP S/4HANA.
It all starts with an outside-in point of view of your company
Your journey to SAP S/4HANA begins with a point-of-view (POV) document that provides insight into your goals and value drivers. In this document, SAP experts narrow in on Chuba Coffee’s business priorities:
- Expanding your business presence: You want to create new online distribution channels and expand into new global markets.
- Creating synergies while growing: You need to improve last-mile delivery and reduce logistics costs.
- Expanding your assortment: You hope to expand your product range to sell even more services, such as travel, insurance, and mobile phone contracts, which are popular at coffee houses in European markets.
Before the engagement begins, dedicated SAP experts tie these priorities to tangible and actionable reasons for migrating to SAP S/4HANA. And these aren’t generic talking points about efficiency, speed, or profitability – they are specific benefits tailored to the needs and goals of Chuba Coffee. You learn that, with SAP S/4HANA, other businesses in your industry achieved:
- Up to 35% increase in sales forecast accuracy
- Up to 30% reduction in revenue loss due to stockouts
- 10–20% improvement in procurement FTE productivity
What does this mean for your business?
After exploring your POV document, dedicated experts from SAP contact you to define the focus for your upcoming sessions as part of SAP S/4HANA Value Starter Engagement. In this preparation and information call, you have the chance to choose the line of business that matters most to you and focus on the most relevant value drivers to determine the potential financial benefit.
For Chuba Coffee, these are improvements in the supply chain for on-time delivery performance and in sales for better sales force efficiency. With the financial baseline data, you confirm that you’re all set to start the engagement. In the meantime, SAP experts complete your business-specific welcome package, which includes a process discovery report, a prefilled future product map, and a prepopulated benefit case.
What happens during SAP S/4HANA Value Starter Engagement?
Then, you work with SAP experts over three days of collaboration and learning. Split into half days of sessions, workshops, and simulations, the engagement takes just a cumulative 1.5 business days’ time.
The engagement offers a unique, outside-in perspective from experts who have empowered businesses around the world to implement SAP S/4HANA. During the engagement, you realize that, sometimes, it just helps to have an outside perspective because it can reveal new insights about your business, your digital transformation, and SAP technology.
Get your case for change
By the end of the three-day engagement, you have aligned your vision and strategy, built your value case, planned the path forward, and uncovered new business value. SAP experts have combined the business insights from your complimentary welcome package with the learning from the remote workshop sessions. During this time, you have:
- Received a tailored POV document based on a 360-degree analysis of your business
- Taken advantage of guided one-on-one sessions with SAP experts
- Gained a customized benefit case specific to your needs and goals – helping you understand how improvement potential linked to value drivers and incremental capabilities of SAP S/4HANA, including specific new capabilities that can improve supply chain and on-time delivery performance
- Identified real benefits, including incremental financial improvements – revealing how automating shipping processes and integrating pick, pack, and ship processes can provide a cumulative potential value in recuring benefits and one-time benefits
SAP S/4HANA Value Starter is part of the SAP S/4HANA Movement program, which strives to help businesses like yours move quickly to SAP S/4HANA. You receive the engagement free of charge as an installed base customer of the legacy SAP ERP application with active maintenance. To learn more about SAP S/4HANA Value Starter, visit us online. <https://sap.com/s4hana-starter >
To learn more about SAP S/4HANA in general, take the opportunity and browse in our community https://community.sap.com/topics/s4hana