SAP Extension Suite is a Leader in Gartner’s MXDP Magic Quadrant for the Second Year in a Row
SAP has been named a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms for the second year in a row. SAP has been recognized as a leader based on its “ability to execute” and “completeness of vision”. Gartner evaluated 13 vendors for the report.
SAP’s multiexperience development offering consists of SAP Extension Suite, including SAP AppGyver, SAP Business Application Studio, SAP Conversational AI, SAP Mobile Development Kit (MDK), SAP native SDKs for iOS and Android as well as the SAP Fiori design system and design platform. SAP Extension Suite is a key component of SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP).
The SAP Extension Suite offering enables customers to boost productivity and engagement by delivering tailored experiences for SAP customers and employees. SAP supports development by enabling IT- and citizen developers to deliver seamless multiexperience application experiences with the ease and simplicity of a low-code/no-code and the power of sophisticated pro-code development complimented by innovative AI services, APIs, pre-built integration and extension components on the SAP BTP.
Gartner cited strengths in the following areas:
- Market understanding. SAP provides an integrated MX application development experience with digital assistants, reusable UI and microapp components. SAP provides thousands of components, both out-of-the-box and via its marketplace.
- Product strategy. SAP is focusing on best-in-class experiences for each device, including mobile (native), web (W3C standards, PWA specifications) and interaction modalities. The expansion of SAP mobile cards into a MX microapp architecture allows developers to reuse more components and achieve faster throughput when composing new MX apps.
- Sales execution. SAP has a massive existing customer base, and adoption of its MXDP within its existing customer base grew significantly in 2020. SAP’s growth is partly driven by its innovative, dual pricing system which has both pay-as-you-go and credit-based options. This pricing model enables B2C application development by reducing prices for high-volume workloads with low-intensity transactions.
SAP BTP helps our customers to maximize the value of their solutions, extend the reach of their IT landscape, and gain agility to turn challenges into opportunities. By extending your applications on SAP Extension Suite, you can support critical processes, and empower and serve your employees and customers.
Take advantage of innovative technology to build tailored applications that extend your solutions and processes, from finance and accounting to sales, customer service, and HR. You can speed development, reduce inefficiency and costs by automating and redesigning processes, and enhance partner and employee experiences across channels. To help make it happen, SAP Extension Suite simplifies development and gives you greater flexibility to navigate change, succeed in the long haul, and build resilience across your operations.
- Get the Gartner report
- Read the SAP Newsbyte
- Learn about SAP Extension Suite
- Learn about SAP Business Technology Platform
- Try SAP BTP for free!