SAP Cloud Integration – Deployment status in the Integration Flow Editor
With the 5.24.x/6.16.x release, SAP Cloud Integration provides a feature to show the deployment status in the integration flow web editor. In this blog, I will give a detailed overview on this feature.
This feature is described in the SAP Help Portal ( see deployment status in the iflow web editor).
Deployment status feature in the integration flow editor has been enabled to address the following use cases for an integration developer
- To know the real time runtime status on the trigger of explicit deploy action without navigating to Monitoring page.
- To know the deployment status, runtime and other details such as deployed version, deployed by, deploy on for an existing deployed iflow in the deployment status tab.
- Easy navigation from the designer to the manage integration content of the operations view to troubleshoot the error cases.
- Show short error message for the deployed integration flow whose runtime status is “Error”. This will help Integration developer to fix the issue without need to navigate to the operations view.
Note – The first three increments are available in this release, however the fourth one would be available in the forthcoming release. You will be notified once it is available.
Let us have a quick walk through and understand the behavior of the feature.
Open the integration flow which is not yet deployed. You will notice Deployment Status as “Not Deployed” in the page header of the integration flow editor.Image1: Integration flow deployment status is “Not Deployed”
Trigger the deploy action explicitly. You will notice a real time status in the page header. Deployment status is Deployed along with the timestamp and Runtime status will be “Starting”.
In addition to this, deployment status tab will be prefilled with the real time data.Image3: Deploy action triggered.
After few seconds, the runtime status of the deployed integration flow would be “Started”.Image4: Runtime status “Started”.
Now let us understand how the runtime status will look when the deployed integration flow goes into Error status due to some reason.
Deployed integration flow goes into “Starting” semantic status and other details are populated as well.Image1: Deploy action triggered.
After few seconds, the runtime status of the deployed integration flow would go into “Error”. Integration developer can click navigation link to navigate to the manage integration content of the operations view to trouble shoot the root cause.Image2: Runtime status is “Error”.
Manage integration content of the operations view is opened in a new tab. Integration developer can analyze the root cause and can solve the erroneous situation.Image3: Manage integration content of the operations view
- Deployment and runtime status is known prominently in the designer. No need to navigate to Monitoring view to know whether the deployed artifact is started or in Error.
- Easy navigation to the manage integration content from the designer.
- Deployed version, deployed by and Deployed at details can be figured out from the designer.
- Short error message in the designer helps to resolve the issue by staying in the designer.
Points to note
- Deploy status is available regardless whether integration content is configure-only or editable.
- This feature is available in the following artifacts
- Integration flow
- REST API
- SOAP API
- ODATA API (Template based)
- We will bring this capability in other artifacts such as Value mapping, Script collection, Message mapping etc.
In the forthcoming increment we will produce increment which will show short error message when the deployed artifact runtime status is “Error”, so integration developer can probably fix the issue by staying in the designer and without navigating to the operations view.
I hope, you can benefit from the feature presented in this blog post.
In case of questions or feedback, please feel free to comment on this blog.