Amazon Business Integration for Concur Expense
Amazon Business is a global procurement solution now used by more than five million businesses, from sole proprietors to multinational enterprises with tens of thousands of employees on a single account. It provides access to hundreds of thousands of sellers who offer business-only selection and quantity discounts, and access to time-saving features that help businesses run better.
In this blog post, we will take a detailed look at the product capabilities of our Amazon Business Integration for Concur Expense.
At a quick glance, the Amazon Business Integration helps customers
- Save time and effort required to manually bring in receipts from Amazon Business purchases.
- Make expensing purchases from Amazon Business more efficient, reducing errors and manual intervention.
- Speed up approvals and processing times for timely reimbursements.
- Reduce potential fraud and ensure compliance within the company authentication framework via the Concur App Center
Now let us look at how this solution simplifies the purchase to expense process.
The above figure 1 illustrates the user journey of making purchases on Amazon Business. Once the product ships, transactions flow from Amazon Business to SAP Concur and the receipts are made available in Concur Expense for the user to submit the expenses.
The above figure 2 illustrates the end-to-end use case of the Amazon Business Integration.
- Concur Customer Administrator activates the integration via the SAP Concur App Center by clicking connect and following the setup steps.
- Employee/End User makes purchases from Amazon Business
- Once the item ships, receipts are made available on Amazon Business
- Amazon Business makes the transaction details available to concur after 24-30 hours
- Concur pulls the receipt into Concur Expense and matches the receipt to the Concur verified user
- The receipt is made available in Concur Expense under the users’ Available Expenses
- The user assigns expenses to report, sets expense type, and submits the expense report
Note: The Amazon Business Integration establishes the connection for your entire organization. Employees must verify their Email IDs to receive the receipts for purchases on Amazon Business.
Concur Customer Administrator logs in to SAP Concur, opens the SAP Concur App Center, and finds Amazon Business Integration application to enable a secure connection between Amazon and SAP Concur so that the purchases are pulled for the employees for the respective company. As shown in below screenshots.
Log into SAP Concur and open the SAP Concur App Center, then click into the Amazon Business Integration application listing. To set up the integration, click Connect and follow the steps captured in the screenshots below.
Note: Only the Site Administrator will be able to click Connect for their organization and ensure the administrator has credentials for both Concur Admin and Amazon Business Admin.
Concur Customer Admin opens Amazon Business Integration Application from App Center and clicks on connect button to activate the entity or company.
Administrator agrees to the Concur App Center End-User Terms and conditions and Company Authorization to link services
Employee or End-User
The employee receives a notification on Concur Manage Expenses page informing the user that the integration is now available and to have their email address verified to view the purchases from Amazon Business on Concur Expense.
The employee makes Purchases on Amazon Business. Once the Employee has verified his/her email address, the transactions are available to be routed to the matched user corresponding to the one mentioned in the Amazon receipt. The receipt is available only 24-30 hours after the shipment of the item.
SAP Concur will only route transactions to users with verified email addresses. The setting is available from the User’s Profile – Personal Information as shown in Figure 9.
The receipts for purchases are made available in SAP Concur Available Expenses as shown in Figure 10. Employees could review the concur-generated receipt image directly from the available expense. The expense type is set automatically based on the history of the user’s expense type.
Note: This integration is made available only for users from US region on both Standard and Professional Edition.
For additional details please refer to the below links:
Amazon Business Integration: Reference User Guide
SAP Globalization Services: Overview
SAP Concur Support: FAQs
SAP Concur Developer Center: API Reference
SAP Concur Developer Support: Support Options
Provide your feedback and thoughts in the comment section below.
Follow me on Reshma Jayadeva Prakash
You can post your questions for the topic in the community SAP Concur