Technical Integration of Business Workflows in Process Visibility – Overview
I recently added a Business Workflow for a Demo and a training in a Process Visibility Scenario for Workflow Monitoring purposes. In the demo I used a S/4HANA OP System. In this blog I will illustrate the technical Integration and what needs to be done to get a preconfigured Live Process Dashboard also for Business Workflows.
Thanks a lot, to our teams and colleagues helping to configure the integration and realize the demo!
The following steps need to be processed.
1. Activate services, run setup, get users and authorizations in your subaccount and S/4HANA System
2. Setup a Cloud Connector between the subaccount and the S/4HANA systems
3. Get the service keys and endpoints from Process Visibility Capability
4.Export & Import certificates from Process Visibility Capability in
For Export use URL: https://bpmpvruntime.cfapps.sap.hana.ondemand.com/pv-service/rest/health;
Right Click on Lock in Google Chrome and go to Certificate.
5. Import in S/4HANA with Transaction: STRUST
6. Create and configure integration in
SAP S/4HANA Implementation Guide
Path: SAP Netweaver – Application Server – Business Management – SAP Busines Technology Platform Integration*
* Check for new path name ABAP Platform from S/4HANA 2021 onwards
7. Maintain the destination to
SAP S/4HANA system in SAP BTP and add additional Properties (use the user from step 5)
8. Create a process visibility scenario and add your SAP Business Workflow as process participant to achieve end-to-end process visibility.
Discover business workflow definitions to get the relevant process steps, events and context information
9. Activate your scenario.
10. Start a process
11. Monitor the Scenario
12. Check your Workflow Dashboard in the Process Workspace of your Workflow Management Launchpad
This is an overview with a demo scenario to test the technical integration. I will probably come up with details for some of the steps. Any questions? Let me know!
The S4HANA Workflow ID WS30000015 appeared in steps 8 is Sap standard workflow template or it is newly created flexible workflow templates by SWDD_Scenario which contains extension step? Thank you.
Hi Frank, WS30000015 is the standard workflow template used for training and test purposes and is not a flexible workflow. But you could also add one with extension step and in addition the extension workflow and correlate them into one process visibility dashboard.