Project results of Event-based Architecture and Business Events for SAP S/4HANA from the SAP Customer Engagement Initiative
The SAP Customer Engagement Initiative (CEI) connects SAP development teams with our customers and partners early and regularly. This means you can work together with SAP development teams on projects and prototypes, helping us to consider your specific requirement based on your feedback. The initiative fosters and enables close interaction between SAP and our customers and partners by providing a structured approach and a legal framework.
The SAP Customer Engagement Initiative gives you early insights and shares product concepts so that you can help shape the future releases of tomorrow’s innovations. It’s a win-win situation.
One of the many CEI projects about the topic “Event-based Architecture and Business Events for SAP S/4HANA” was just finished by the team. We would like to share the highlights of the project here with you:
Defining an event-centric digital business strategy is key to delivering on the growth agenda that many CEOs see as their highest business priority. “Event-driven architecture (EDA) is a key technology approach to delivering this goal” (Gartner). Digital business demands a rapid response to events. Organizations must be able to respond to and take advantage of ‘business moments’ and these real-time requirements are driving CIOs to make their application software more event-driven. This Customer Engagement Initiative project aims at gathering both customer and partner requirements for business events they plan to incorporate into their event-driven architecture in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA.
Product(s) in Focus:
SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA in combination with SAP Cloud Platform Enterprise Messaging
Discuss event-based architecture among SAP’s early adopting customers, partners and SAP. Gather requirements and prioritize road map items for specific business event scenarios with SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA. Carry out sessions on event-driven approach in SAP Business Technology Platform and event-driven in SAP.
- Feedback Calls
- Give an impression on how event-driven programming works with SAP S/4HANA, SAP ECC, and in SAP Business Technology Platform.
- Make the participants aware of the road plan of SAP Enterprise Messaging (SAP Event Mesh). Several queries like e.g. xECM integration with SAP S/4HANA, EDA for Extensions, etc. were resolved to help the participants implement the solution.
- Received information on mostly used standard business objects with their standard events which the participants feel, should be available on api.sap.com for easy building of event-driven solutions.
- Understand the business use case and giving them the needed guidance with respect to the event-driven concept.
- The Customer Engagement Initiative project ended with the participants feedback and an assurance of help from our side should they need any help while implementing event-based SAP S/4 HANA scenarios.
Interested in influencing and helping to shape innovations currently in development with SAP? Find out more details about how to find and register for a CEI project on influence.sap.com.