Introduction to Intelligent Scenario Lifecycle Management(ISLM)
Intelligent Scenario Lifecycle Management (ISLM) is a framework that allows you to perform lifecycle management operations on machine learning scenarios. You can consider ISLM as a self-service tool that allows you to handle various operation requirements of machine learning scenarios. You can train an intelligent scenario and use the trained model to get an accurate inference result.
Depending on the machine learning scenario that is associated with a business application, the scenarios can be categorized as:
- Embedded: In this approach, a business application, for example SAP S/4HANA runs in the same stack as its machine learning provider SAP HANA machine learning with the analytics libraries SAP HANA Automated Predictive Library (APL) or SAP HANA Predictive Analysis Library (PAL). APL exposes the data mining capabilities of an Automated Analytics engine for developing predictive modelling processes for business analysts. PAL offers advanced analytics algorithms for data scientists. This can be used to solve use cases of forecasting, trending, and so on.
- Side by Side: In this approach, a business application, for example, SAP S/4HANA runs in a separate stack than its machine learning provider, for example, SAP Data Intelligence. Remote machine learning can be used for high-end use cases, such as image recognition, sentimental analysis, deep learning for natural language processing that is based on neural networks.
An intelligent scenario is an ABAP representation of machine learning business specific use case.
ISLM framework consists of two SAP Fiori applications, Intelligent Scenarios and Intelligent Scenario Management. These applications allow you to create and manage the lifecycle of intelligent scenarios.
ISLM comprises of the following functionalities:
- Display: You can view the details of the intelligent scenarios that are displayed, such as package, scenario type, inputs and outputs, API details, and so on.
- Create: You can create an intelligent scenario of the type Side-by-Side and Embedded for your specific business need.
- Train: You can train the scenario to generate a trained machine learning model or artifact for the business consumption.
- Deployment: You can deploy the trained machine learning models for inference consumption. This functionality applies to Side-by-Side scenarios only.
- Activation: You can activate the trained machine learning model for which you want to get the inference results.
- Inference Results – You can get the predictions that is generated from the trained models.
Fiori Apps- SAP S/4Hana 2020 onwards
Intelligent Scenario Management – F4470
Intelligent Scenarios – F4469
The Intelligent Scenario Management app allows you to operate on published intelligent scenarios. Intelligent Scenarios can be of type embedded (APL, PAL) or side-by-side (SAP Data Intelligence). You can train the model of an intelligent scenario, see training results, decide when to active it for the consumption of your specific business domain.
Dependent on the type of intelligent scenario, trained models need a deployment before they can be activated.
Note: with this release no SAP Intelligent Scenarios are shipped.
- APL: SAP HANA Automated Predictive Library
PAL: SAP HANA Predictive Analysis Library
Open Intelligent Scenarios App –
Standard Scenarios provided by SAP. but you can also create your custom Scenarios (Embedded or Side-by-Side)
Here You can select Model APL or PAL
Screen after selecting APL – here you have to provide mandatory information which you can find in below sap help document
When you select PAL
Intelligent Scenario Management App
Published Intelligent Scenarios will be visible here in Intelligent Scenario Management App
As you can see Intelligent scenarios (Standard + Custom) are available here.
Select any Scenarios from the table it will navigate to another screen.
Here you can train the models(Custom and standard)
Here in this blog i was showing how to get information about ISLM apps and apps insights.
In my another blog will discuss detailed steps about each functionalities.
Hope you all will like it.
Keep Exploring and Happy Learning.
Thanks and Regards
Naveen Kumar Jain