Introduction to the Live Session Series: “SAP Commerce Cloud – Additional Technical Essentials”
Background And Abstract
SAP Commerce Cloud has been one of the most successful products within SAP product portfolio for years, providing an extremely extensive yet highly flexible omni-channel E-commerce solution for B2B and B2C companies.
In order to enable technical users to understand the technical foundation and work with SAP Commerce Cloud according to development guidelines as well as best practices, 2 important developer courses have been provided:
However, what if you have attended the 2 courses, but still feel like learning a bit more technical details about specific modules, or there are further concepts/functionality within SAP Commerce Cloud that are not covered in the developer courses.
No worries, we selected a list of additional technical topics and put them into an upcoming live session series named “SAP Commerce Cloud – Additional Technical Essentials” on SAP Learning Hub.
Excited? Let’s take a further look!
Introduction To The Live Session Series
In general, with the help of SAP authorised instructors, the series will show you technical concept and more system/coding demonstration about SAP Commerce Cloud. It also contains hands-on exercises material for you to try out and experiment on what you have learnt, gives you the chance of asking questions when you need.
At the moment, the series contains 15 topics, with the duration of around 20 hours, distributed into 5 days, each day of 4 hours of independent (individually registrable) instructor-led live sessions with brief introduction listed as follows:
- Scripting (1.5 hours) gives an introduction to scripting support and how to apply scripts in general, as well as when implementing scripts in cronjobs, event handling and task/process management.
- Cache (0.5-1 hour) introduces the cache concept and its implementation based on EHCache, it also talks about how to customize existing and new cache regions, and specific caching such as CMS cache.
- Custom Access Rights (1 hour) presents how to use the out-of-the-box permission APIs to customize access rights and also explains the use of global permission.
- Configurable Products (1.5 hours incl. hands-on exercise) introduces the concept of configurable products and how they are implemented and used in E-commerce. There is also a hands-on exercise about creating a new configurator type to customize products with more configuration options.
- Order Management Services Module (1-1.5 hours) presents the essentials features and functions in the order management services module, which include fulfilment process management, sourcing, allocation, out-of-the-box backend workflows and processes, fitness evaluation, ATP management, etc.
- Customer Services (1 hour) gives an overview of customer services in the base commerce module and introduces the implemented APIs for order related customer support, such as order cancel, return and refund.
- Dynamic Attributes (1.5 hours incl. hands-on exercise) explains what are dynamic attributes in data modelling and why should we use them, as well as how to implement dynamic attributes regarding best practices. There is also a hands-on exercise for creating a new dynamic attribute step-by-step.
- Interceptors (1.5 hours incl. hands-on exercise) introduces the concept of interceptors, different interceptor types, how to implement a new interceptor and highlight some best practices for implementation. The hands-on exercises shows the concrete steps of creating a new interceptor and testing it in the end.
- Validation Framework – Additional Topics (1.5 hours incl. hands-on exercise) reviews the functions of validation framework and introduces validation constraint groups in more details, then talks about the steps of how to customize constraint types. There is also a hands-on exercise to show how to create a new constraint type and use it in the Backoffice.
- Workflow – Automated Steps (1.5 hours incl. hands-on exercise) reviews the technical aspects of workflow management, explains when should automated steps be implemented, and introduces the steps of implementing an automated step. The hands-on exercise then describes the steps of creating an automated step and assign it into a simple workflow template.
- Promotion – Customize Actions (2 hours incl. hands-on exercise) gives a brief review of promotion engine, then introduces how to customize promotion actions step-by-step. The hands-on exercise then contains the exact steps of creating a new action type and shows how it can be used to define a new promotion.
- Flexible Search Alternatives (0.5 hour) introduces the alternative approaches related database search, which include generic search, polyglot persistence and polyglot persistence query language.
- Integration API module (1.5 hours incl. hands-on exercise) introduces the business benefits and key features of the integration api module, explains the architecture of inbound and outbound integration as well as the modelling and monitoring of integration objects in Backoffice. The hands-on exercise describes how to create a new integration object and how to access to its endpoint.
- Search & Navigation – Value Resolver (1.5 hours incl. hands-on exercise) reviews the indexing process and the configuration of indexed properties, then illustrates the value transformation during indexing and introduces how to add attribute values with a custom value resolver. The hands-on exercise then details the steps of creating a new value resolver and using it in indexing.
- Hot Folders (1 hour) not only explains the implementation, configuration and customization of hot folders functionality, but also gives an overview of cloud hot folders and introduces its architecture, processing flow and configuration with SAP Commerce Cloud.
Where Is The Live Session Series on SAP Learning Hub?
After logging into SAP Learning Hub:
- you can either use the direct link to access the live session series page.
- or you can do a simple search in the search box with “sap commerce cloud additional”, or use the search link. You will see the Live Session Series as the first result under “Learning Content” section.
for better understanding the series’ content, it’s recommended to at least attend the C4H340 developer courses first.
Last But Not Least
If you want to know more or get informed with the update of the series, please follow the blog post by clicking on the “follow” button on the left.
Thanks for reading! and see you next!
I am not able to search this in Learning Hub. The link is also not taking to the live session for “SAP Commerce Cloud – Additional Technical Essentials”. Is this Live session still available?
Thank you for your interest Nitin! There were 3 times of the live sessions in September, October and November. We didn't schedule ones for December though. The next one will be in January, February and March 2022, they are not in the system yet and will be searchable some time around next week.
I can't find any session by the link in the above. Which key words I could use to find these sessions? sap commerce cloud additional - doesn't work for me.
Hi Aleksey, we had just finished a couple of live sessions scheduled for this year (last one happened 2 weeks ago). Your search is all fine, just currently the future live sessions are being registered into the system and are not searchable yet. Please try some days later.
I can tell you that we have some now planned in January, February and March till today.
Is it possible to find records from that sessions which already finished?
I assumed to find them by search but no luck.
Hi Aleksey, you are right, with the standard search you can't find the live sessions without scheduled appointments.
But there is a tricky way to do it, go to learninghub.sap.com , scroll to almost the bottom and click on the search underneath "Learning Catalog", then in the "search topic" field, do an empty search. Then in the big search field on the top of the appearing page, you can search for "technical additional essentials", you can either get the live session page in the suggestion, or later the first one in the search result: