For many customers when the Report story is implemented, few times when you open the report story there is blank page shown and eventually the application kind of stops. There are many reasons for this. In this blog I will address a few of them.
The most common reason is that the user is not replicated in the SAC system. For this Blog I will be covering one common issue when the system is accessed first time you are likely to get a blank screen despite of all the setup done correctly.
Below are the symptoms you, see
- You navigate to the report center.
- Select the report story icon
You get a screen like shown as below for a longer time and the application later on stops responding.
- You check your IAS , IPS settings and find that there is no issue.
- For this particular problem , navigate to your IAS setup as shown below.
3.Copy the authentication url and paste it on a browser window
4.Enter the IPS user name and password
5.Click on sign in , if there is a issue the next screen probably will solve your problem
In the above out put you will get a IP address as shown , copy that Ip address and you have to add this to the exception list in SuccessFactors
6.Navigate to password and login policy settings
7.Select the set API login exceptions
8.Then click on the edit option
9.Add the IP address and save , refresh he page and then the report story would be working fine.
Summary / Take away for this blog
- We learned to identify possible cause of the blank page being shown
- to check he api login exceptions
- add ip address to the login exceptions
Feel free to comment or ask questions on this topic.