Concento™ Rapid Data Governance (RDG) is an SAP ui5 Cloud-based application that builds on SAP Cloud Platform to automate MDG customizing and enhancements through the Standard APIs. RDG automates many of the technical configuration steps needed to implement SAP MDG, and it provides a user-friendly interface to be more attractive to business users. In addition, Concento RDG provides a simple UI to maintain Business Rules and create them as BRF+ Rule in the MDG system.
This blog is a part of series which covers different key capabilities provided by Concento RDG.
Usually, in MDG, for the Multi-Validation and Derivation process user must go through the below steps.
- In BRF+, we need to select a Catalog to define Rule (FMDM_MODEL_<DATA_MODEL>)
- Create function name
- Create ruleset
- Create a rule
- Define condition based on which we want to validate.
- Define actions. When the condition is satisfied, it will display the error, warning, information message.
Concento RDG makes the process of multi validation and derivation rule in BRF plus easy by simplifying the configuring step.
The below example will show you how to create a Multi-Validation/ Derivation rule in the RDG.
- Once you log in to the RDG Web App, in the below main screen, we need to select ‘Manage Business Rule’.
- Once we enter the Business Rules page, the user must give a Change Request Name from the select list menu. The user then must select the Entity from the Entities List Box. For example, the user selects ‘AD_POSTAL’ from the entities list box. The tool will now show a Rule list, from the list user must select the ‘Multivalue Check rule’ for validation and ‘Multivalue Derivation’ for derivation.
- In the following step, the user needs to add a validating attribute for which the Rule must be created, and condition must be given. For adding the multi-value validation rule user must click on the Add Rule button, it will then show the rows. Once the Rule is created then it will be visible in the BRF+ application in MDG in the Decision Table.
Multi-validation Rule– By using the below validation rule we are throwing Message type (Error, Warning, and Information) in the NWBC application.
Condition 1: If ‘AD_POSTAL-REF_POSTA’ = ‘US’, then will display the error message ‘DISTRICT IS REQUIRED’ for every workflow step.
Condition 2: If ‘AD_POSTAL-REF_POSTA’ = ‘IN’, then will display the warning message
‘Postal code is required ‘for every workflow step.
Condition 3: If ‘AD_POSTAL-REF_POSTA’ = ‘CA’. then will display an Information message ‘STREET IS REQUIRED for every workflow step. The below picture shows how the Rule is triggered in the NWBC application.
Step 1: In this derivation rule we need to add driving and deriving attributes. If ‘AD_POSTAL-CITY1’ = ‘Mumbai’ then derive attribute value ‘AD_POSTAL-PO_BOX ‘= ‘440008’ and if ‘AD_POSTAL-CITY1’ ‘Hyderabad’ then derive attribute value ‘AD_POSTAL-PO_BOX ‘= ‘346748’.
Step 2: The below picture shows how the Rule is triggered in the NWBC application.
From the above steps we can see that the Concento RDG helps to provided user friendly interface for the Business Users to create Multi-Validation and Derivations. Once the rules are created and conditions are defined in RDG, the users will be able to see these rules in the NWBC application.
Please also check out other features of Concento RDG from blogs:
- Concento RDG automates many technical steps for MDG Data Model extension
- Concento RDG simplifies MDG rule-based workflow maintenance
- Concento RDG facilitates creation of Validation/Derivation Rule in BRFPlus
- Concento RDG provides an effortless Parallel and Dynamic Workflow maintenance
- Concento RDG simplifies Field Property Configuration, lets you change fields in the UI without any hassle