Thinking about Service products, some of you know Service in S/4HANA if you have followed my sessions and blogs. Some of you may know about ERP CS. Some may know about SAP CRM. And there are also SAP Service Cloud and SAP FSM as part of CX solutions. It may have not been easy to have a clear picture of all. So we planned to this In-depth with SAP S/4HANA series in order to demystify SAP solutions for end to end Service process, which goes beyond S/4HANA.
In-Depth with SAP S/4HANA is a brand enablement channel, which is launched to go beyond a quarterly enablement program and provide deep-dive sessions on selective topics to help you to take full advantage of S/4HANA.
For this important mission, I invited Gert Tackert, Chief Product Manager, S/4HANA Asset& Service Management.
You can watch the 1 hour session in the link below.
Session title: SAP Service in the Intelligent Enterprise
- E2E Customer Service to Field Service
- S/4HANA Service overview
- End-to-end integration scenario
- Transition from ECC CS to S/4HANA Service
Refer to this info for the sign-up process of SAP Learning hub.
There were many questions addressed in the session. Here are some of questions, in which you may be interested as well. Please note that the answers related with SAP’s strategy and future development are subject to change for any reason without notice.
- Is Maintenance-centric Service a new cloud solution or a part of S/4HANA Cloud solution?
GT: It be will first delivered in S/4HANA On-Prem in the core. The decision about S/4HANA Cloud has not been taken yet. Roadmap
- Sometimes back it was mentioned some “Silver Path” between PM order and S/4HANA Service Order? Could you provide more info around this integration?
GT: Correct, that is the Maintenance-centric Service process where we connect Service order with PM Order
- Is this solution a replacement to the Customer Service (CS Module) of PM/CS Modules ?
GT: S/4HANA Service is a new solution inside S/4HANA. A transition is available.
- Can you talk about the touchpoint between S/4HANA service and spares planning – eSPP / IBP.
GT: Currently spare part planning is limited, but focusing on procuring and reservation and ATP. Simulated ATP check is planned in S/4HANA Cloud 2108. Reservation is planned in Q4 2021. Advanced shipment is on the roadmap next year.
- When will the ticket integration come to S/4HANA On-Premise?
GT: Ticket integration will be available for could only – current planning. Out of the box integration is not planned for OP. New agent desktop will create service tickets directly, which is both cloud and OP – on the roadmap.
- How do you suggest to integrate Service Ticket to Service Order for S/4HANA On-Prem customers as standard integration is only available to S/4HANA Cloud?
GT: Standard integration is available for cloud. For OP, it can be possible on project base.
- Does an Agent desktop replace the IC application ?
GT: IC is a part of S/4HANA On-Prem solution without active roadmap. Agent desktop will be the replacement.
- How are expenses processed? is the an integration to finance?
GT: Yes, Service is integrated with FI. We can calculate expenses (like selling price) or put direct expense cost. Posting to cost center of technician.
- How billable/ non-billable spares are delivered to customer- do we need to use a standard order-delivery-STO/Billing route?
GT: Advanced shipment is on the roadmap. (not possible as out of the box at the moment)
- What is SAP’s strategy for service in industry clouds?
GT: Industry-specific scenarios for Service are planned in Industry Cloud (e.g. for IM&C), on top of S/4HANA Service as foundation
For regular quarterly release highlights for Service in S/4HANA and S/4HANA Cloud, you can read the followings.
Blog for Service in S/4HANA Cloud 2105 is here
Link collection for Service in S/4HANA Cloud here
For more information, check out the following links
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- SAP S/4HANA Microlearning blog
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here