Announcing SAP API Business Hub Next Gen Experience General Availability
We at SAP we are committed to help our customers run at their best. One essential cornerstone to achieve this goal and to become an Intelligent Enterprise, surely is integration. SAP’s holistic integration strategy caters for technology and business needs and helps companies to run their processes end-to-end across SAP and third-party applications alike, using APIs, events, workflows, end-to-end process blueprints and further integration content that can all be accessed in one central place, the SAP API Business Hub!
We are happy to announce the SAP API Business Hub Next Gen Experience General Availability is released and available at https://api.sap.com and comes with even more content, and a new user experience!
Recap – BETA Release of Next Gen Experience
In December 2020,BETA version of the New Experience was launched and available at https://beta.api.sap.com with key features such as
- Discover Integrations swiftly across Products
- Discover and Explore in different pre-defined groups such as Products, Partners
- Seamlessly Consume Integration packages directly to the cloud tenant workspace
Refer blog on BETA release here
As the General Availability release is launched beta.api.sap.com is phased down and the new experience can be explored in api.sap.com.
Key Features of General Availability Release
In General Availability , apart from features released in BETA ,following additional features are also available
- Seamless Consumption of Workflow Management packages directly
- Enhanced API Viewer Experience and Test capabilities
- Enhanced CDS Viewer Experience
- Business Process Groups and associated Solution variants
- Jump Start Learning Material and FAQ’s
Consumption of Workflow Management packages
Workflow Management packages can be discovered under Category Workflow Management and also in Products & Partners sections as well.
Discovered Workflow packages can be seamlessly and directly consumed in the licensed or Trial Workflow Management Workspace .
It is required to register the associated Workspace in API Business Hub using the required details of the Workspace such as
- Workspace URL
- OAuth Credentials associated with the Workspace
Once the Workspace is registered , Add to Workspace action can be initiated and copied to the required tenant Workspace.
Status of all the consumed packages can be visualized and viewed in Consumption History space of the Website
Enhanced API Viewing Experience and Test Capabilities
Each API in API Business Hub can be visualized with an enhanced experience . Each API provides the following segments of Information such as
- Overview section covers the basic details of the API and helps our users easily understand the API in detail
- API References
- API References gives different endpoints and its associated operations using Swagger UI Representation
- Model /Schema Details
- Model associated with each API is provided in this view. It helps users understand and deep dive on the response structures associated with the API
- Exclusive Test Experience
- APIs can be tested with a default Sandbox or by Configuring the Environment in the Test View with a developer friendly Test Experience
Enhanced CDS Viewer Experience
SAP S/4HANA Cloud CDS View is represented with an enhanced experience covering
- Supported Capabilities
- Fields associated with CDS View
- Documentation covering the detail of related CDS Views
Jump Start Learning Material and FAQ’s
Getting Started Section gives an brief overview of the capabilities of API Business Hub and provides answers to most commonly asked questions in the FAQs section.
Queries and Feedback on SAP API Business Hub
You can reach out to us with feedback using the Feedback Channel in SAP API Business Hub for more suggestions and queries
HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request
Hello Minh Nguyen
Please refer the note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2946518
Could you please let me know which release of S4HAN on premise is compatible with API hub.
Hi Vishal Chandra,
Thanks for your question!
The latest release from S/4HANA on premise on API Business Hub (i.e. as on date) is 2021 FPS0 .
Thanks for your response.
Does this mean that API will not be compatible with HANA on premise 2020 ?
If you notice, S/4HANA on premise APIs are multi version supported that is both 2020 FPS02 and 2021 FPS00.
We have 2020 SP1 and that is my doubt, if it is compatible or not.
It should be compatible, thanks.