Today’s economy demands organizations to be flexible, agile, and responsive. At the same time organizations are under tremendous pressure to contain operational costs. Fortunately, cloud transformations, if done right, can help organizations meet both requirements. RISE with SAP is a curated offering from SAP to help organizations run at their best.
In this blog, I will provide a framework on the benefits that an organization can realize by leveraging RISE with SAP.
Firstly, let’s understand what is RISE with SAP? It offers a holistic on-your-terms and on-your-timeline transformation to an intelligent enterprise. You can remove complexity with a simplified engagement and guided journey through your business transformation.
- Premier value: Transform all aspects of your business with accelerated value and our robust partner ecosystem. SAP will deliver fast time to value and flexibility to thrive amid change — all without high up-front investments
- Guided journey: Pinpoint the best place to start by analysing how your processes perform and benchmarking them against industry standards to get tailored recommendations on where to focus first
- Simplified engagement: Remove complexity by engaging with one company that’s responsible for your service-level agreement (SLA), operations, and issue handling
Benefit from our comprehensive, intelligent, and customer-specific offering, which includes five core elements to help your company achieve digital transformation. You can choose where to start in your digital journey and design the strategy that’s right for you. The core elements are: SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Business Process Intelligence, Technology Cloud Credits, SAP Business Network Starter Pack, Embedded Tools and Services. For more info, you can visit RISE with SAP page on sap.com.
Articulating value of RISE with SAP for your business
Let’s now see how we can articulate the value of RISE with SAP for organizations.
“I’ve looked at clouds from both sides now, from up and down, and still somehow… it’s cloud illusions I recall… I really don’t know clouds at all.”
– Judy Collins, Singer, “Both Sides Now”
Defining Value can be tricky, especially in the cloud world. Cloud adoption is changing from nice-to-have to must-have. Amid this accelerating technological shift, organizations need to expand their market share by identifying new revenue streams and retaining their existing customers while maintaining a competitive edge over the others. These lofty goals will only remain a distant dream if the value of investments in IT is not articulated and realized fully.
RISE with SAP helps customers decide which capabilities they want to use at what point in time – but as they go through the journey, RISE with SAP allows organizations to unlock two sources of differentiating value:
Value source A: Value from differentiating business capabilities and outcomes: This value comes from the differentiated solution capabilities of SAP solutions (example: SAP S/4HANA) and has a significant impact on shareholder returns. This impact of returns is not limited to the top line or the bottom line but also includes the impact on the green line, which ensures long-term sustainability with purpose.
Value source B: Value from cloud delivery capabilities: This is essentially the incremental value that RISE with SAP packaged offering brings. This allows organizations to achieve their benefits while maximizing value, minimizing transformation risk, and reducing the cost to the extent possible.
Let us now go deeper into these benefit sources – A and B.
The differentiated business capabilities (value source A) of SAP S/4HANA, LoB, and Industry solutions are the best-in-class innovations offered by SAP, and below are the top business benefits that organizations can achieve with these innovations:
- Improved top-line: By innovating and establishing new revenue streams using comprehensive suite solutions across 25 industries and core end-to-end business processes
- Improved bottom line: By eliminating repetitive tasks, improving operational efficiencies, and letting intelligent ERP act as a co-pilot by making suggestions based on business process patterns and employee behavior
- Improved green line: By understanding, monitoring, and optimizing environmental and social impact throughout the value chains, reducing waste, improving safety, ensuring supplier compliance, and becoming a sustainable organization
The cloud delivery capabilities (value source B) of RISE with SAP provides below incremental business benefits:
- Transformation Readiness: By facilitating process excellence using process discovery reports, migration tools and services, and integration and extension capabilities
- “As-a-service” experience: By gaining from improved service experience as part of a simpler support model
- Operational resilience: By leveraging SAP reference architecture and hyperscale infrastructure with inbuilt full-stack security
- Predictable lower TCO: By utilizing flexible user-based subscription and leveraging hyperscaler economics
Depending on the starting point of organizations (existing SAP ECC / SAP S/4HANA / net new customers), they can expect to achieve benefits across value sources A and B. Let’s get started on this journey of understanding the value. To determine the value proposition of RISE with SAP for your organization, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the first blog in a series of blogs on the value of RISE with SAP. In the subsequent blogs, we will explore each of the above dimensions individually.