- In this series, we will explore the new SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) ABAP Environment – formerly known as SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment.
- Quick introduction to SAP BTP ABAP Environment and Hands’ on sessions with HTTP Service in Eclipse
- Create few end-to-end example to illustrate the various features present within cloud-optimized version of the ABAP programming language.
- In this series, we will start with Eclipse Setup
- And the necessary plugins to get started with ABAP development on Eclipse
- Then We would Access SAP HANA Trial and create ABAP trail. Will create Service instance as well.
- We would later create our SAP ABAP Cloud Project and then Create and configure Simple HTTP services
- Then we will create another HTTP service with a different variant by taking input from HTTP service input parameter, Later integrate with ABAP standard class.
- Finally in last part we will access SAP API HUB, Use an existing API : SAP S/4 Hana API (Country) and then integrate with the HTTP Service we build earlier.
SAP BTP ABAP Environment Building Blocks (Our focus would be on HTTP Service)
Step-By-Step Hands-On Video Tutorial
🔴 Part #1 Eclipse Setup (video – 2 min)
- Install Eclipse
- Add ABAP Plugin
🔴 Part #2 BTP Setup and ABAP Trial Access (video – 4 min)
- Access SAP HANA trial
- Enable account for ABAP Trial
- Successful Creation of service instance
🔴Part #3 SAP ABAP Cloud Project & BTP HTTP Service Creation (video – 5 min)
- ABAP Cloud Project
- BTP Cloud Foundry Connection
- Create and configure Simple HTTP services
- Test HTTP Service
🔴 Part #4 Create HTTP service with Input Form parameters (video – 7 min)
- Create Another HTTP Service
- Take input form parameters
- Integrate with standard class
- Test Service
🔴 Part #5 SAP BTP ABAP Environment: HTTP Service Integrated with service from SAP API HUB Example (video – 10 min)
- SAP API HUB Login
- SAP S/4 Hana API (Country)
- Create new Class for HUB API Call
- Integrate with API HUB Sample Service
- Test Service
- These series of videos should give you some idea on how to use the SAP BTP ABAP Environment for creating HTTP service and how to integrate & call API from SAP API Business HUB
- Please list them down below and I will be happy to answer If you have questions or comments.
Share & Connect
Useful? like and share on social media.
Connect with me on :