Inviting you: Register to configure your first Situation Handling use case in SAP S/4HANA with an SAP expert
Get hands-on advice from SAP experts and share your feedback
The SAP S/4HANA Product Management team is inviting customers and partners to register by Friday July 2, 2021 for an upcoming, free-of-charge Customer Engagement Initiative for Situation Handling in SAP S/4HANA.
Please note: Registration is closed as of July 2, 2021 20:00 CEST.
Thank you for an overwhelming response and interest!
We are looking forward to working with you!
You can find the project details here.
What’s in it for you:
- Receive hands-on advice from SAP process and product experts and configure your first Situation Handling in your SAP S/4HANA system together
- Share your feedback that helps our teams improve the available situation templates, configuration process, or documentation
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud or SAP S/4HANA release 1809 or newer
- Scope item 31N activated (Situation Handling)
- Scope item 1NJ activated (Responsibility Management)
- Use of Fiori Launchpad
- Use of Fiori-based applications corresponding to Situation templates to be configured
- User role SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT (Business Process Configuration Expert)
If you are already familiar with Situation Handling, you can jump to the additional details and registration here. If you’re new to Situation Handling, you’ll find an overview in the following section.
What is Situation Handling?
When it comes to adding intelligence into business processes, one analogy that resonates well is that of a car. For several decades, we have now been used to driver assistance features – be it anti-lock brakes, park distance control, or most recently brake assistants and collision warning systems. And most recently, these technologies are helping prevent accidents before they occur.
In the world of ERP, SAP has been natively embedding the equivalents of collision warning and brake assistants for businesses in SAP S/4HANA. The framework to accomplish all this is called Situation Handling and it is included in a customer’s subscription or license for SAP S/4HANA Cloud or release 1809 and newer.
Take the example of a business situation in procurement in which a supplier is unable to deliver the quantity you (as a customer) have ordered. In the days of legacy ERP systems, you would typically lack visibility and notifications about this situation and would most likely find out about the supplier delivery deficit when the shipment arrives and you look at the packing list – depending upon the impact on your production, that can have the impact of a fender bender or, worst case, mean you’re totaled.
Using Situation Handling in SAP S/4HANA, you can now configure more than 90 pre-built situation templates that aim to make business users aware of business situation before the impact on your business compounds. You can find the complete list of available use cases here. Configuring a situation type usually only takes about 30-45 minutes, making this literally a quick win for your business.
Register today for this initiative if you’re looking to learn more about Situation Handling, get hands-on advice from SAP experts, and see first-hand how you can increase the level of intelligence in your business process to achieve better business outcomes! We are looking forward to your participation!
- What is Situation Handling?
- List of available Situation Handling use cases in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- What are Intelligent Processes in SAP S/4HANA?
Andreas Welsch is Vice President & Head of Intelligent Processes, SAP S/4HANA Product Management at SAP.