Configure New Custom field for Ad Hoc reporting, reference with token in job descriptions in Job Requisition
Business wanted to add New Custom Field in Job Requisition. The same Custom Field add for Ad Hoc Reporting and Add for job descriptions, headers, and footers.
When you create custom fields, map them as custom reportable fields. This allows them to appear in ad-hoc reporting and can also have other positive downstream effects. Without custom reportable field mapping, the display options might appear blank.
Based on requirment you can configure the field for reporting for Application & Candidate Templates too.
In my example I have downloaded the Standard Job Requisition template from Provisioning
1: Go to Provisioning > Managing Recruiting > Import/Update/Export Job Requisition Template.
2: Download the Job Requisition Template
3: Edit Job Requisition in Notepad ++ (I am using Notepad ++ for editing the XML code) and Add the XML code for new field in the last of <Field-Definition> field
<field-definition id="custsrhr" type="text" required="false" custom="true"> <field-label><![CDATA[Salary Range/Hourly Rate]]></field-label> <field-label lang="es_ES"><![CDATA[Salary Range/Hourly Rate]]></field-label> <field-label lang="es_MX"><![CDATA[Salary Range/Hourly Rate]]></field-label> <field-label lang="fr_CA"><![CDATA[Salary Range/Hourly Rate]]></field-label> <field-label lang="nl_NL"><![CDATA[Salary Range/Hourly Rate]]></field-label> </field-definition>
4: Add New Custom Filed in <Field Permission> this is based on Business Permission use.
5: Add New Custom Filed in <Listing Fields> and save the XML
<listing-fields> <field refid="custsrhr"/> </listing-fields>
6: Go to Provisioning > Managing Recruiting > Import/Update/Export Job Requisition Template and click on upload the same XML
Note: In your case make sure you upload Job Requisition template for same name to avoid the upload error in Job requisition.
7: Go to Provisioning > Managing Recruiting > Click on Configure Reportable Custom Fields.
8: Click on Job Req Tab > Click on Configure Custom To Extended Field Mapping
9: Enter the Custom fields technical ID defined in the XML file. Scroll down end of the page Click Save Extended Field Mapping.
10: Click Synchronize Existing Data. If you have added or changed custom Candidate reporting fields, this option updates any reportable data.
The New Custom Field available in Job Requisition Template in SuccessFactors Instance.
The New Custom Field available in Job Descriptions, Headers, and Footers.
You receive an email confirmation that reports the number of records successfully synced.
- Reporting relies on field positions in reportable custom fields remaining unchanged. For example, if you create a reportable custom field, don’t change it after it has been used somewhere (for example, in the Offer Details XML file, or an ad-hoc report).
- Use the same labels for custom fields among all templates. The ad-hoc report builder uses the first label for the corresponding custom ID as the report column header. Therefore, it’s required to standardize the custom fields across all offer detail templates.
- Don’t configure standard fields as custom reportable.
- Don’t configure the same field more than once in Custom Reportable Fields.
- Misconfigured custom reportable fields can cause application errors.
- Don’t use hyphens when naming custom field-id values. Use underscores instead. This applies only to custom fields.
- After you configure fields in the Recruiting XML templates, you must map and sync the fields for reporting