Fiori Launchpad in SAP ABAP backend
Currently SAP UI5/Fiori is the latest technology used in SAP Enterprise Portal. It also provides Role based approach for viewing different applications integrated in single portal.
The Fiori Launchpad consists of different tiles which are linked to Webdynpro/SAP UI5/ Fiori applications.SAP Portal can be used to integrate the Fiori Launchpad of ABAP systems as well. This Launchpad although exists in SAP ABAP system like SAP Governance, Risk and Compliance solution( SAP GRC), can be shown as iView in SAP Portal to ensure single entry point for all users.
The example below shows the creation of Launchpad in SAP GRC system. Adding standard Webdynpro, SAP UI5 applications as Tiles and integrating with SAP Portal.
A)Launchpad Objects in SAP GUI
1) Create Launchpad
- Launch SAP GUI and login to required backend system ( SAP GRC)
- Create a launch pad using Tcode LPD_CUST and enter the following details:
Type of Launchpad: FPM_UIBB
2) Create Applications (Webdynpro, URL)
- Create an application inside the launch pad by clicking on New application
Enter below details:
- Link text as name of link you require
- Application Type: Either Webdynpro ABAP or URL application (URL will be used for UI5/ Fiori applications)
- Namespace: SAP
- Application name: Name of standard or custom application
- Application Alias: name of application. (this will be used in Tile configuration)
2.2)SAP UI5 Application
For these applications we need to provide URL as below
3) Semantic Objects
- Go to Tcode /UI2/SEMOBJ
- Create Semantic object for each application by clicking on new entries
- The semantic object will be used in Catalog to link to particular application.
4) Transport Request
- Create a Transport Request using SE01
- For semantic objects, we need workbench request
- For Catalogs and all Launchpad designer objects a customizing request.
B) Launchpad Designer:
Go to the URL:
1) Launch Pad Catalogs
- Once the transport request is created, go to Launchpad designer URL , click on settings ( highlighted ) and select the customizing Request.
- Create Catalog by clicking on + sign ( highlighted below )
- Provide the catalog title and ID
- Create a tile inside the catalog by clicking on
- Provide the needed details and click on SAVE :Title : Name required on tileIcon if any from standard iconsSemantic object : Select the one created for that linkAction : display or create
2) Target mapping
Click Target mapping and provide the details :
- Semantic object : One created for that application
- Action : display or create ( as you have mentioned in tile creation)
- Launchpad Role : Give same name of your launchpad
- Instance : Transactional
- Application alias : same as what you defined while creating applications in launchpad
The above target mapping links all objects created till now. Using the semantic object and action, it will go to the Launchpad role to open the application as mentioned in the Application Alias.
All the tiles created in Catalog can be grouped in Groups to be shown to end user which can be role specific.
- Create Group
- Provide the Group title and ID
- Select the required catalog and the tile which needs to be added
C) Integrate with Portal:
- Create a Role in Portal – GRC
- Create a Folder in Portal- GRC apps
- Create an URL iView “GRC” in the portal- and provide the URL of launchpad
Thus, we can create Launchpad in ABAP backend and integrate the same with Portal 7.4.
In Portal 7.5 we have Fiori Launchpad for SAP Portal and can consume Remote Launchpad’s of SAP ABAP systems as well.