Happy anniversary, SAP Cloud ALM!
It’s just about a year ago that SAP Cloud ALM saw the light of day on May 29, 2020. The new member of the SAP application lifecycle management portfolio started as completely new product. At the beginning, it offered foundational activities in implementing intelligent enterprise scenarios on SAP S/4HANA Cloud essentials. And SAP Cloud ALM initially included operations support for a modest number of SAP cloud services.
SAP Cloud ALM has already received many birthday wishes. Watch some of them in these videos by clicking on the photos:
Today, SAP Cloud ALM has really grown! Let’s take a brief look at some significant improvements. Here are my personal highlights of functional enhancements for implementation and operations during the past year:
SAP Cloud ALM for implementation:
- You can run multiple projects in parallel now.
- Even agile projects are supported.
- Meanwhile, the number of available task templates has been extended.
- Besides test planning, SAP Cloud ALM supports test execution as well.
- The integration of continuous business configuration and the test automation tool of SAP Cloud ALM is available today.
- Intelligent Event Processing allows even to start operation flows for alert resolution.
- Business Service Management exposes IT related information to be understood by business users.
- Job & Automation Monitoring provides transparency regarding job executions & automated activities.
- Real User Monitoring provides permanent measurement of real user requests.
- There are more and more KPIs available in Business Process Monitoring.
There have been many other functional enhancements, including numerous usability improvements during the first year of SAP Cloud ALM. Look at the What’s New documentation in SAP Help Portal for the full details.
The increase of supported solutions is another great achievement. Starting as a service for SAP S/4HANA Cloud only, SAP Cloud ALM supports 19 different solutions already today. This includes all versions of SAP S/4HANA and other cloud services like SAP Ariba, SAP FieldGlass, and SAP SuccessFactors. Even on-premise solutions are supported now, like SAP Business Suite and SAP S/4HANA on premise. SAP Cloud ALM is capable of supporting hybrid environments. The goal is to support all components of the intelligent enterprise suite.
And for sure: SAP Cloud ALM will keep on growing. See the product roadmap for planned enhancements.
Which is your favorite new feature since global availability of SAP Cloud ALM? Comment below to wish SAP Cloud ALM a happy birthday and share your thoughts on the solution.
For more information: Check the SAP Cloud ALM 1st anniversary celebration page in SAP Support Portal.
Thanks to Yousuff Syed (Robert Bosch Engineering), Peter Mobert (Rizing) and Chengbo Yu (REHAU Polymer) for sending their birthday wishes!
I really enjoyed the openSap course, out-of-the-box and simple for a novice like me to understand. I learned much more about SAP S/4HANA than I had anticipated when I started my journey last year. Thank you very much!
Hi Lisette, thanks for your positive feedback.
SAP Cloud ALM is taking the bull by the horns and leading the charge to let people get out of the boxes....and I love it....:-)