Download Task Capability in SAP Cloud ALM
In this blog post, I would like to explain
- The download function in SAP Cloud ALM Task Management
- How to download
- Download as a spreadsheet vs download as a template
We have enabled a new feature of template download function which you can use to download multiple task types which exist in the project in SAP Cloud ALM Task Management.
How to download:
In the task list, click on the download icon to download your selected tasks to a spreadsheet. You will be given two options to download, as a spreadsheet or as a template. After choosing the option, the file will be downloaded to your local desktop.
Please note that we support only Microsoft Excel format.
When to download as a spreadsheet:
You may want to download your task list as a normal spreadsheet based on your requirements. For example:
- You want to use this spreadsheet for analysis and pivot.
- Read the task description quickly without HTML tags.
When to download as a template:
You can download the file as a task template to change multiple tasks and reupload the data in the system using recently delivered mass upload capability in SAP Cloud ALM. These are the common use cases:
- You want to transfer a list of tasks from one project to another.
- If you need to create many identical tasks at regular intervals, for example for each sprint, you can save these tasks in your template and upload them all whenever you require them.
- If you have defined several additional tasks which your team has to perform, you can consolidate all these activities and upload them all at once.
Data in multiple tabs help you know the allowed values that you can use in the template while uploading. For more details, please refer to my blog post on Mass upload.
Hope you found this information useful.
Read more blog posts for project and task management here!
Please feel free to reach out to us if you are looking for more information. We would love to hear from you!