Receive Email Notifications for Approval Workflow – S/4HANA Cloud Sales
Are you missing workflow notification? Do you want to get rid of accessing My Inbox to check workflow tasks? Using the email notification for approval workflows allows you to receive workflow notifications anywhere at anytime. And the setup is easy, you just need to maintain the email templates with specific name, then everything is done.
- Open the Maintain Email Templates app and copy predelivered email templates to custom templates as needed. The mandatory IDs of your custom templates must be named correctly (see SAP Help Portal for details).
- Optional, the subject and body of the email template can be customized.
- Specific for the deadline reminder notification: which template to be used can be directly selected from the configuration UI.
Workflow approvers can receive two types of email notifications:
- Notifications about new approval requests when workflow requesters finalize sales documents
- Reminders about approval requests when a predefined due time is reached
Workflow requesters can receive three types of email notifications:
- Notifications about approvers’ release of sales documents
- Notifications about approvers’ rejection of sales documents
- Notifications about approvers’ request to rework on sales documents
And in the email contents, there can be links to quickly navigate to workflow tasks. This functionality is already available for Sales Quotations, Sales Orders, Customer Returns, Credit Memo Requests and Debit Memo Requests. Have a try.
Great content Michael! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your sharing.
I followed the step you described in this blog, however no email notification has been triggered. Do you have any idea about that?
Looking forward to your reply.
Would you let me know which sales objects and which workflow scenario are you trying to enable the email notification functionality?
Also you can perform a quick trouble shooting by checking whether workflow tasks have been triggered and visible in the app My Inbox. If no then it can be your workflow configuration are not done yet.