We’re happy to announce that the Launchpad service on SAP Business Technology service is publishing what’s new preview starting June 2021. In the what’s new preview section, we announce the upcoming planned enhancements ahead of time – allowing customers to be aware of the planned new capabilities before these enhancements arrive to the customer’s environment.
Frequent Asked Questions:
- Q: How do I access the what’s new preview?
- A: In the Launchpad service what’s new page, preview capabilities are marked with a PREVIEW side remark (see screenshot above)
- Q: How long in advance are the what’s new preview capabilities published?
- A: We plan to publish the what’s new preview capabilities one week in advance
- Q: Can customers get the capabilities announced as preview also as Beta features?
- A: No, this is not included in the what’ new preview documentation
- Q: Does this process apply also for the portal service on SAP BTP Cloud Foundry as well?
- A: Yes
With this new process, customers will gain great visibility into the capabilities planned to be delivered in the next release. While this is a major enhancement for many of you, I would like to end this blog with the required (legal) disclaimer, which is also available directly in the what’s new preview official documentation: the preview content is provided as a courtesy, without a warranty, and may be subject to change. For more information, see the preview disclaimer.