SAP Analysis Office 2.8SP9 is now generally available
As reminder, the well-known Add-in, SAP Analysis for Office is available with two different editions/ installers of SAP Analysis for Office, based on the licensing model applied, systems in use and customer’s scenario.
The features-set of the two editions are equivalent (E.g. you can similarly create your own calculations, key figures, formatting, apply filters, select/swap axis…. ), and with the 2.8SP9 we remove connectivity’s differences.
With 2.8SP9, we offer simplified workflows by accessing to BW/BI repositories and BEx workbook conversion, across the two Editions.
Below, we have summarized the possibilities by Edition and version:
If you want to see the new features in details for AO Edition for SAP Analytics Cloud 2.8SP9, I strongly recommend you to read this blog .
To conclude, in short, both Editions provide the same Analysis plug-in functionalities, but
- Each have a specific Product Availability Matrix (PAM)
- AO Edition for SAC does not contain PPT, EPM or BPC (incl. CPM) plug in
- AO Edition for SAC does not support services as scheduling, pre calculation
- SAP Analysis for MS Office (AO) – Community page – HERE
- SAP Analysis for MS Office (AO) – Road Map – HERE
- SAP Analysis for MS Office (AO) – PAM for SAP Analytics Cloud Edition – HERE
- SAP Analysis for MS Office (AO) – PAM for Standard Edition – HERE
I have looked into preconditions for the on prem Analysis for Office installation - Visual Studio 2010, (attached) , which is not compatiable with Windows 11 as per Microsoft web site.
My question is - how could I use Analysis for Office on my Wnindows 11 laptop?