Step by step procedure Generate PGP keys and End to end iflow to encrypt-and-decrypt with Signatures
The objective of this blog post is Create PGP keys, end to end flow process of encrypt and Decrypt.
Below topic explained in detail.
- Create PGP key both public and Secret key
- Deploying a PGP Secret Keyring
- Deploying a PGP Public Keyring
- End to end flow with Encrypt and Decrypt
Download and Installation
Go to URL : https://www.gpg4win.org/download.html
Click on Gpgwin 3.1.15.
Payment screen come , click on $0 and download the software free.
Once download start installation , you should select to install GPA, and next, next, finish.
After installation, you can open and start to create the keys.
Click on check box , if you miss to select check it will create only public key .
Name should be the same we need to use at flow .
Go to advance setting below screen popup come. Uncheck validate .
Once you click on create it will ask you to give password for Secret key .
Click on finish.
Now right click on key, select export and save. Public key shaved on your system .
Now right click on key , select backup secret key , it will ask you storage location and also ask you password. Provide the same password used in the above step.
Below key after downloaded .looks like below screen.
For this Demo I have created 2 key pair to show encrypt and Decrypt . Name give as Our key and Client Key
Deploying a PGP Secret Keyring
To upload the Secring:
- Download the current Secring from SCPI tenant -> Monitoring -> Overview -> Manage Security -> Security Material -> Secring download it
- Open the downloaded secring in Notepad / Notepad++
- Copy the newly created secret to the end of this downloaded file
- Upload the file to SCPI tenant Security Material under secring with the common passphrase.
Note : When creating the secret key, you specify a password. There’s also the option to have multiple secret keys in a PGP secret keyring (each with a passphrase). When using PGP secret keys for Cloud Integration, all secret keys must have the same passphrase.
Deploying a PGP Public Keyring
To upload the Pubring:
- Download the current Secring from SCPI tenant -> Monitoring -> Overview -> Manage Security -> Security Material -> Pubring download it.
- Open the downloaded Pubring in Notepad / Notepad++
- Copy the newly created Public to the end of this downloaded file
- Upload the file to SCPI tenant Security Material under Pubring
Below screenshot in file end add new key
End to end flow with Encrypt and Decrypt
For Encryption : We need client Public Key and signature our Secret key
I am using postman to test this. Sent data using postman and check the encrypted and decrypted payload in CPI. I have add payload log after encryption and after decryption check Response.
After encryption payload
For Decryption : We need our Secret key to Decrypt and signature Client Public Key.
After Decryption Payload
Conclusion : This blog post can help ensure that message content can be secured in cloud based integrations.
Hope this blog will help for beginners.
Where are the values of ClientKey and Public key coming in "For Encryption : We need client Public Key and signature our Secret key".