Step by step procedure Generate PGP keys and End to end iflow to encrypt-and-decrypt with Signatures
The objective of this blog post is Create PGP keys, end to end flow process of encrypt and Decrypt.
Below topic explained in detail.
- Create PGP key both public and Secret key
- Deploying a PGP Secret Keyring
- Deploying a PGP Public Keyring
- End to end flow with Encrypt and Decrypt
Download and Installation
Go to URL : https://www.gpg4win.org/download.html
Click on Gpgwin 3.1.15.
Payment screen come , click on $0 and download the software free.
Once download start installation , you should select to install GPA, and next, next, finish.
After installation, you can open and start to create the keys.
Click on check box , if you miss to select check it will create only public key .
Name should be the same we need to use at flow .
Go to advance setting below screen popup come. Uncheck validate .
Once you click on create it will ask you to give password for Secret key .
Click on finish.
Now right click on key, select export and save. Public key shaved on your system .
Now right click on key , select backup secret key , it will ask you storage location and also ask you password. Provide the same password used in the above step.
Below key after downloaded .looks like below screen.
For this Demo I have created 2 key pair to show encrypt and Decrypt . Name give as Our key and Client Key
Deploying a PGP Secret Keyring
To upload the Secring:
- Download the current Secring from SCPI tenant -> Monitoring -> Overview -> Manage Security -> Security Material -> Secring download it
- Open the downloaded secring in Notepad / Notepad++
- Copy the newly created secret to the end of this downloaded file
- Upload the file to SCPI tenant Security Material under secring with the common passphrase.
Note : When creating the secret key, you specify a password. There’s also the option to have multiple secret keys in a PGP secret keyring (each with a passphrase). When using PGP secret keys for Cloud Integration, all secret keys must have the same passphrase.
Deploying a PGP Public Keyring
To upload the Pubring:
- Download the current Secring from SCPI tenant -> Monitoring -> Overview -> Manage Security -> Security Material -> Pubring download it.
- Open the downloaded Pubring in Notepad / Notepad++
- Copy the newly created Public to the end of this downloaded file
- Upload the file to SCPI tenant Security Material under Pubring
Below screenshot in file end add new key
End to end flow with Encrypt and Decrypt
For Encryption : We need client Public Key and signature our Secret key
I am using postman to test this. Sent data using postman and check the encrypted and decrypted payload in CPI. I have add payload log after encryption and after decryption check Response.
After encryption payload
For Decryption : We need our Secret key to Decrypt and signature Client Public Key.
After Decryption Payload
Conclusion : This blog post can help ensure that message content can be secured in cloud based integrations.
Hope this blog will help for beginners.