Exporting System Connections/Tenant List to SAP Cloud Applications Studio new versions
SAP Cloud Applications Studio allows the user to maintain a System Connections list with the name and host of the systems that could be used in the login screen to connect the application to.
After installing a new version of the application, a new System Connections list is created for it and the systems could be saved according to your needs.
* For further details about the maintaining the system connections list and the login screen, please go to this section of SAP Help Portal
When upgrading to a new version, the system connections list will contain only one default entry. All the connections used before must be inserted in the new list manually.
The System Connection list could have many entries, if different systems are used in SAP Cloud Applications Studio.
In this case, it might take a while to recreate the new list with the systems commonly used by you.
Instead of inserting all the system connections manually, there is a way to export the list maintained in a previous version of the application and import it to the new version.
This way, a list already filled with all the connections commonly used could be available in a different version without the need of inserting them again.
This alternative will be presented in the step-by-step below.
- For the steps below, the Windows Registry will be used to modify the configuration of the application.
Do not change any values that are not described in the steps below to avoid issues in the application.
- Both versions of SAP Cloud Application Studio should be already installed in your computer: the previous version with the list to export and the target version in which the list should be created.
- In the Registry Editor (regedit), go to the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPCloudApplicationsStudio\[source version]\DialogPage\SAP.Copernicus.CopernicusOptionPage,
* The indicator [source version] should be replaced by the number of the version that contains the list with the connections to export.
- Open the subkey SystemConnections and copy the content of the field Value Data.
This value contains the system connections list in a XML format.
- Replace the version number in the path mentioned in step 1 by the target version number, as below:
* The indicator [target version] should be replaced by the number of the version in which the copied list should be imported.
- Open the subkey SystemConnections and paste the value copied in the step 2.
- Close the Registry Editor and re-open the SAP Cloud Applications Studio.
You will now be able to use the system connections used in the previous version.
I hope the alternative above can help you to optimize your work using the SAP Cloud Applications Studio.
Feel free to contact me for any doubts about this subject or feedback.
If you have any question about the SAP Cloud for Applications Studio, please use the related tag in this link to ask a question to an expert at anytime.