Takeaways from the second SAP Developer Insights Survey – 2021
Back in the first two months of 2021, we ran our second annual Developer Insights Survey. Thank you to all of you who completed the survey. We have just finished our preliminary analysis of these data. Like last year, we have prepared a report to share with all of you.
Key Takeaways from the 2021 Developer Insights Survey:
- 83% of respondents are using SAP Business Technology Platform or plan to use it soon
- 80% of respondents have built SAP ERP or digital core extensions in the past year (this is up 9% from 2020)
- 58% of respondents report 6+ years of professional SAP project experience
- 52% are using some Cloud platform for development currently (this is up 8% from 2020)
- 54% of respondents report working somewhat or much more hours since the beginning of the pandemic
There’s more information in the actual report. Have a look.
We are already using information from this survey to help shape key programs. Everything from SAP TechEd to our approach to content or learning is being influenced by your responses. We will continue to integrate this information into our planning. We also plan to repeat the survey in early 2022.
This report is based on a web-based survey of 2,585 respondents from 63 countries. The survey ran for six calendar weeks between February 1 and March 14, 2021. Ninety percent of the respondents invested 15 minutes or less with the survey. Many questions were only asked based on earlier responses in the survey. For example, questions about SAP tools and technology use were only asked where the respondent affirmed that they were an SAP Developer.
Have a look at the report. If you have any questions or comments, we’d love for you to reach out.