New Tutorial for SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace – Fast and confident decision making with system diagnostics at your fingertips!
SAP EarlyWatch Alert is designed to make customers aware of technical issues when operating SAP systems. The alerts and recommendations of this early warning service can be consumed in a cloud application called SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad:
Essentially, the workspace is a one-stop-shop for SAP EarlyWatch Alert – offering apps which give you a comprehensive overview on your system landscape in terms of stability, configuration, hardware utilization and performance. How is your system landscape health condition in general? Which are the most critical technical issues that happened last week? Which systems are much slower than the long-term average? These questions and more can be answered quickly using the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace. It accelerates collaboration across teams at any time and any place based on one common data insight. The workspace has been live since 2017 and is available for various databases.
By default, you see alerts from all systems for which you are entitled. But you can also use the global filter to restrict the data to specific systems (see blog post for details). Using the application, you can get an overview of the SAP system landscape with the most critical issues displayed as alerts, along with a detailed description on how to solve the issues. SAP recommends to access the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace once per week. In keeping with this, the Solution Finder displays new decisive red alerts first:
A full report can be downloaded in MS Word format or viewed in an interactive application that can be personalized. You can easily find the information you need in SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace with help from “the Web Assistant” or use the “SAP Early Watch Solution Finder” for a full text search over all your SAP EarlyWatch Alert reports for any search term or affected system.
You can also:
- Troubleshoot Expensive SQL Statements on SAP HANA.
- Keep an eye on the memory consumption of all the SAP HANA systems in your landscape based on a main memory consumption forecast and data footprint forecast.
- Check for end-user complaints and observe a system over time, display security alerts.
- Utilize the User Experience section, which has seven charts with SAP Fiori related information at system level, covering UX Adoption, System Performance and System Health.
- Manage your notifications to ensure that you stay informed about new SAP EarlyWatch Alerts you are most interested in.
- Monitor your number range objects to take action before the number range intervals are exhausted.
- Use the SAP Fiori Statistics card to help identify critical SAP Fiori systems and analyze how they perform.
New Tutorial for SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace now Available!
We are delighted to inform you that a new tutorial is available for the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace to help you navigate all these features! The course will provide an overview of the new way to consume the SAP EarlyWatch Alert service results in SAP Fiori apps in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad/SAP for Me (SAP for Me is a license-free central access point and the go-to destination to cover all your SAP engagements). Customers have access to these interactive apps to check their hybrid system landscape for performance, stability and security optimization potential for technical and business topics, e.g. SAP Extended Warehouse Management.
The session goals are:
- Learn to explore your system landscape and efficiently find the most important alerts
- Learn how to subscribe to email notifications for alerts on your personal list of relevant systems
- Learn about the predictive alerts that are only offered here and not in the classical SAP EarlyWatch Alert report
You can access the recording here in SAP Learning Hub.
Please Note: Before you can access the webinar, a one-time registration in SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, is required. A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here.
- SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace – gain an overview on your system landscape health
- Now available: SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace for all databases and Dashboard with BW KPIs
- Troubleshoot Expensive SQL Statements on SAP HANA with SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace
- Memory Forecast for SAP HANA with SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace
- User Experience is now part of the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Dashboard
- Stay Informed About New SAP EarlyWatch Alerts You Are Interested In
- Displaying Security Alerts in the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace
- Evaluating Performance with SAP EarlyWatch Alert
- Monitor Your Number Range Objects with SAP EarlyWatch Alert
- Filter settings determine the alert number in the launchpad tile SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace
- Using the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Solution Finder Effectively
- Introducing the new SAP Fiori Statistics card in the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace
Further Information & FAQ:
- SAP Support Portal
- FAQ SAP Note
- How to setup Business Key Figures for EWA Report
- How to enable Business Key Figures for EWA Report
- My SAP EarlyWatch Alert Reports
- SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace
- Global Filter and Analytics in the EWA Launchpad Apps
Interested in Similar Blog Posts?
For more content like this, join the SAP Enterprise Support value map for SAP S/4HANA today! The SAP Enterprise Support value maps are like a navigation system that guide you to the right SAP support services, tools, and offerings to achieve your SAP S/4HANA goals. We are all set to engage with you!
Join the value map for SAP S/4HANA
If you are an SAP Enterprise Support, SAP Enterprise Support Cloud Edition or SAP Product Support for Large Enterprises (PSLE) customer, then value map access is already included in your contract.
Register for the value map here.
Thanks for the excellent informative blog Elizabeth Cusack !!
I'm assuming here, configuration or setup of generating these reports is still via Solution Manager as mentioned in note # https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2609795 & https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2282310 ?
Is there a way if we don't have solution manager can we generate these reports?
The EWA data is collected and send to SAP. There are 3 possible scenarios:
Thanks for the updates Susanne Glaenzer .
So if i understand this service cannot be configured without havingSolution Manager in our landscape?
In SAP BTP cloud environment, how are we going to use this ?
Basically Is there a way if we don't have solution manager can we generate these reports as Managed service in SAP BTP cloud environment ?
Solution Manager is not required. The data transfer can be done either from the service plugins (ST-PI, ST-A/PI) from any ABAP stack using transaction SDCCN or the data can be collected from SAP HANA Cockpit.
Hi Susanne Glaenzer
We use SAP BO and SAP Analytics Cloud. No other SAP system. So how do i setup Early watch alert in my case. Please suggest.
unfortunately, SAP Analytics Cloud is not covered by SAP EarlyWatch Alert yet and SAP BO is only covered with a Solution Manager or Focused Run on-prem.
You can also have a look at the roadmap of SAP Cloud ALM.
They plan to cover SAP Analytics Cloud in 2022.
Thank you for the reply with details.
We get early early watch report feedback from our host company OXYA
My question, for instance on this report
we have a rating looks like a flash
then the description: Procure to pay: blocked invoices for payment (k30)
with a finding at the end no detailed information
can this report pinpoint the vendor/vendors blocked?
i am looking for more detail than just the warning rating and descriptions
Any help will be appreciated
you can find more details on the Business KPI's in the KPI catalog
The SAP EarlyWatch Alert service does not give more details on the issue found.
In case you are interested in a more detailed analysis of the issue, you can discuss the option of requesting a CQC BPI Service with your Enterprise Support Advisor.
Are there any plans to add further metrics to the workspace?
A great tool indeed though would be good if we could add metrics of our own choosing perhaps.
thanks for the feedback! We are not planning to add more metric to the dashboard. However, we will enhance it with more root cause analysis information on performance trends and SQL Analysis.
Disclaimer: Our plans may change without further notice.