Add an SAP Analytics Cloud Story to Fiori Launchpad and SAP Work Zone
A request we often get is to show SAP Analytics Cloud in our solutions like SAP Work Zone and even Fiori Launchpad stand alone or the launchpad in Work Zone. The request is not to have your entire Analytic Catalog shown but often just Story or even pages of the story. Let’s start by showing how you might setup adding an SAP Analytics Cloud Story to the Launchpad in SAP Work Zone. The end result may look something like this where you have your SAP Analytics Cloud story as a Workspace.
- You’ll need to enable iframe embedding within SAP Analytics Cloud
- Log on to SAP Analytics Cloud, open menu > System Administration > App Integration.
- Under Trusted Origin
- Add Trusted Origin
- Copy the URL of the story you want to embed into SAP Analytics Cloud
- Choose Display Parameters
1. mode – set to embed
Example: https://<TENANT>/sap/fpa/ui/tenants/<TENANT_ID>/bo/story/<STORY_ID>? mode=embed
2. pageBar– utilized only for Embed Mode, either
Example: https://<TENANT>/sap/fpa/ui/tenants/<TENANT_ID>/bo/story/<STORY_ID>? mode=embed&pageBar=disable
3.page n/id – reference the page you want to be displayed. This can be by index or pageID.
Example: https://<TENANT>/sap/fpa/ui/tenants/<TENANT_ID>/bo/story/<STORY_ID>? mode=embed&pageBar=disable&page=2
4. lang – Specify the language to be displayed (if not specified default language from user profile)
Example: https://<TENANT>/sap/fpa/ui/tenants/<TENANT_ID>/bo/story/<STORY_ID>? mode=embed&pageBar=disable&page=2&lan=en
Prepare SAP Work Zone
- Login into your Work Zone Tenant
- Navigate to the Administration Console >External Integration >Business Content>Content Manager
- Select +New > App
- Enter in required fields. Open App lets you determine if you want to display the story within the same window or launch it in another tab. As we are not passing any parameters in this URL uncheck the Add intent and default SAP parameters to URL
- Click the Navigation tab. Input Semantic Object and Action
- Click Save
- Select the back button and assign the application to a role. For this example we will add the application to the preexisting role Everyone. Select the role from the list
- Select Edit. In the search bar filter down the list to the app you just created and click the plus sign.
- Click Save
- Click New and then Group
- Enter Title and add the application created in the previous step
- Click save
- Navigate to the applications tab within SAP Work Zone.
- You should now see a new group with the SAC Dashboard tile in your SAP Fiori Launchpad
- Upon clicking the tile you can see your dashboard embedded within SAP Work Zone.
Now you are ready to provide users in your organization with a central entry point that can provide the insight you need to take action in your business. If you have found this information useful, please feel free to follow myself and the SAP Work Zone and SAP Analytics Cloud tags. For any questions, please post them in the topic areas described in this post (SAP Work Zone: https://answers.sap.com/tags/73555000100800002781 & SAP Analytics Cloud: https://answers.sap.com/tags/67838200100800006884).
Nathan Austin Embedding Apps(Stitching Applications together into one single entry point) can't get any easier! Thank you for sharing this knowledge 🙂
Nathan Austin Is there any prerequisites for Single Sign-on (SSO) experience.
Hello Manjunath GUDISI ,
One way to achieve a seamless business user SSO from SAP Work Zone towards SAC is to use a destination service on the SWZ's BTP sub-account level to broker the remote access to your SAC tenant with the business user logged into the SAP Work Zone.
The only pre-requisite on SAC side is that same user (same email address) must exist there.
Re the SAC side App Integration details you may look up this blog of mine which offers a quite a detailed sequence of steps to achieve the SSO.
I hope that helps; Piotr
Hello Nathan Austin , a very nice blog of yours; even if creating a so-called business content app requires so many clicks - just wondering if this can be scripted at all ?
Another question: what about passing parameters or some other contextual information from one app to another ? The apps can be grouped together but apart from that they seem pretty isolated from one another.
Furthermore, I was not able to find any information on the so-called intent navigation semantic objects and actions?
Same question regarding the URL parameters? Are they static only? What would be nice is to be able to change them dynamically on the go. Any ideas how this could be achieved at all ?