Setting up Fiori Launchpad APP Support Plug-in
As we know, with S/4HANA Fiori is the new UX and the entry point. But setting up launchpad and Fiori apps is tricky (I would say) task as involves lot activities before the user could run the apps.
SAP has provided tools like rapid fiori activation , Content Manger and all to expedite the process and are very useful. But even after doing everything, at times, on app execution we end up with issues and it takes good amount of time to figure out what is missed… yeah I know the feeling..
Now, we have another wonderful tool/feature i.e. Fiori Launchpad APP Support Plug-in. This will help us to look at all the issues (if any ) related to the app from the app user setting only. You heard it right.. no need (or minimum need) to look for issues at at different places… exiting .. isn’t it?
App support is available for SAP S/4HANA as part of the SAP_UI component from the following versions:
- SAP_UI 7.54 SP06 in S/4HANA 1909 SP04 or Frontend Server 6.0 SP04
- SAP_UI 7.55 SP02 in S/4HANA 2020 FPS01 or Frontend Server 2020 SP01
In this blog , we will see how to set up the Fiori Launchpad App support Plug-in . So Let’s Start…
Before setting up the App Support , below perquisites should be completed.
SAPUI5 version must be 1.84 or above.
Implement SAP note 2871194 (if applicable)
Authorization object S_FLP_AS needs to be added to your role to be able to view and download logs. Set the authorization field SUI_ADEUS to value CURRENT to allow user specific logs. The value ALL allows you to see logs from other users.
Most of the displayed logs have their own authorization checks. To be able to display the content of these logs, the following authorizations need to be maintained as well:
- Role SAP_FLP_ADMIN- is required to see the menu entry in the launchpad
- Role SAP_FLP_USER – is required for the end user to use the tool after it has been
Setting Up APP Support
To set up the APP Support Plugin we need to perform the following steps:
- Activate the SICF Services : Below services need to be activated in SICF
- Activate SAP Gateway OData Service : Activate OData service SUI_FLP_APP_SRV in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.
- Create and Configure Plug-In :The plug-in can be configured in two ways:
- Configure your plug-in in Customizing
- Configure your plug-in via a business catalog
In this scenario, we will use Customizing option.
- Configure Plug-In in Customizing: Follow the below steps to configure the Plug-in
- Open transaction /UI2/FLP_CONF_DEF.
- Select Define FLP Plugins and click on New Entries
- Maintain the following values for your plug-in:
|· FLP Plugin ID||· APP_SUPPORT|
|· Description||· App Support Tool in the User Menu|
|· UI5 Component ID||· nw.core.flp.appdiagnostics|
- Save the changes.
- Activate plug-in : Follow the below steps to activate the Plug-in
- Open transaction /UI2/FLP_CUS_CONF
- Choose FLP Plugins and click on New Entries.
- Select APP_SUPPORT for Plugin ID and set the activity state to Active and Save the changes
With this we are done with the APP SUPPORT plugin set up. Let’s test it now…
Testing App Support Plugin
- Open Fiori launchpad
- Open an application in launchpad.
- In the user actions menu, we can see App Support option.
- Click on App Support to see the details related to the selected app. We will see the App details on the App Information tab as shown on below screen. As we can, it will show details of different categories like, authorizations, gateway or runtime related issues both for frontend and backend depending on the app and system setup.
Here we can see the specific errors in the app and take required action to fix . Cool isn’t it!!
So, go ahead and set it up in your systems and start using this cool functionality.
Keep Learning and Keep Sharing!!