SAP Business ByDesign Backup
The following article provides insights into the backup policy for SAP Business ByDesign customer landscape.
The backup services for SAP Business ByDesign provide regular data and archive log backups. The backups are stored in offsite disk and commercially reasonable efforts to restore productive tenants from backups as soon as practicable in case of a disaster resulting in loss of the production data center. The backup services are included in the subscription and provide the following:
|Backup service||Nonproductive systems||Productive system|
|Service Description||Standard Support – restore from disk||Standard Support – restore from disk|
|Replication to remote datacenter||Yes||Yes|
|Data Backup Cycle||14 days||14 days|
|Recovery option||Point in time||Point in time|
|Cost||Included in the subscription||Included in the subscription|
- Restoration is not a service available on request for customers. It is only available in an emergency situation to mitigate risks from logical errors such as data corruption and other irreparable situations. We recommend that customers request for tenant restore points before important events like data migration, change projects etc., so that a reset to a last good state can be made available quickly.
- Backup is performed with the following frequency:
- Every day database backup (Monday-Sunday); twice per week with interval of 3 days we take full backup, on other days of the week, we take a differential backup.
- Backup will be retained for 2 weeks in the primary datacenter and for another 2 weeks in the remote datacenter.
- Log file backup every 30 minutes
- SAP performs daily backup replication to a remote datacenter within the same region.
- These data backups can be restored in the primary datacenter.
- Appropriate processes and automated tools are in place to validate backup integrity, and backup logs are reviewed daily to detect and correct backup failures.
- Backup cycles of the productive and non-productive systems are stored for 28 and 14 days respectively.
- We are able to restore data to any point in time within the backup cycle.