Making digital transformation tangible by integrating SAP IoT with SAP Business Applications
Combining the right data from connected devices and bringing it into business context helps most companies to make digital transformation reality. SAP IoT offers an end-to-end, managed cloud solution for Industry 4.0. This solution generates business outcomes by combining real-world usage data from sensors and devices with business semantics such as master and transactional data. SAP IoT enriches applications with real-world IIoT context to respond to critical events and assist decision-making proactively and intelligently.
In this blog, you will experience a SAP Internet of Things (SAP IoT) demo that consists of the three business scenarios SAP IoT enabled Field Service Management, SAP IoT enabled Replenishment and SAP IoT enabled Delivery Insights. Furthermore, you will learn how to integrate the landscape of SAP IoT, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) and SAP Field Service Management (SAP FSM).
In this demo story, there are three key stakeholders involved:
- Evovalves AG is a manufacturer of double seat valves.
- Intermixx AG is a manufacturer of beverages and customer of Evovalves AG. Intermixx uses the double seat valves to control the flow of different liquids that are mixed to finished beverages.
- Beverage GmbH is a wholesaler for beverages and customer of Intermixx AG
The storyline of the demo is as following:
- Demo 1: Evovalves AG provides their valves as a service that includes not just the installation of the valves but also the maintenance service. This means that Evovales AG monitors the seal wear of the valves (In the SAP IoT system based on sensor data) and sends out a service team (Ticket in SAP Field Service Management is created) as soon as the seal wear reaches its threshold.
- Demo2: Intermixx owns three silos which are filled with fruit concentrates and monitors the fill level of their silos in percent. if the fill level drops below a threshold, a purchase order for fruit concentrate will be created in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. This huge amount of data can be visualized in the SAP Analytics Cloud. For example, a business user can see that the silo for a specific concentrate needs to be refilled two times more often than the silo for another concentrate.
- Demo 3: Intermixx delivers the beverages to different wholesaler. These beverages are needed to be stored at a temperature of 8° Celsius. Intermixx monitors the temperature and the acceleration level. In this demo we focus on the temperature part. This means if the temperature reaches the threshold, a new sales order without charge will be created in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system.
A high-level overview of the storyline is given in the illustration below:
As described above, the system landscape includes
- SAP Internet of Things
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- SAP Field Service Management
- SAP Analytics Cloud
In the following part, you will get an overview of referenced documents to integrate the systems as per the demo.
Integration of SAP IoT and SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
Scope Item 4IH in the SAP Best Practices Explorer (Delivery Insights).
Integration of SAP IoT and SAP Analytics Cloud:
Described on the Developers.sap.com (direct link) homepage.
Integration of SAP IoT and SAP Field Service Management:
Described on Github
In order to watch the SAP IoT business scenario, please click on the following links: