Customize Refund Code
Before CE2105, user can only choose round numbers percentage for refund code which provided by standard content configuration, such as 10%, 20%, 50% etc.
Now, a new configuration step “Define Returns Refund Codes” is offered so that user can freely define specific percentages what they want, like 1% or 88%. This creates the flexibility in setting refund amount.
You can define the refund code via below steps.
- Open the ‘Manage Your Solution’ app via business role ‘BPC_EXPERT’.
- Choose ‘Configure Your Solution’, then choose ‘Sales’ as the Application Area and ‘Claims, Returns and Refund Management’ as the sub application area.
- Choose ‘Define Returns Refund Codes’ to configure.
- Here you can maintain the customized refund code and description.
To create the customized refund codes, you need to follow below steps.
- Open the ‘Manage Prices – Sales’ via business role ‘PRICING_SPECIALIST’.
- Create condition records for refund deductions. Use the following values:
|Condition Type||DRE1 (Refund Deduction)|
|Refund Code||<The refund code you defined>|
|Condition Amount||<The percentage deduction from the paid sales net price>|
Example: A returns and refund clerk must grant 65% of the order net value to the customer as a refund. As a business process configuration expert, you can define a refund code with the description 65% Refund. The pricing specialist then creates a condition record for the refund deduction and specifies the condition amount as -35% in the Manage Prices – Sales app.
As a result, when processing a customer return, the returns and refund clerk can select the defined refund code 65% Refund for each return item. The refund is then granted to the customer return through a credit memo. If the order item’s net value is EUR 100, the customer receives EUR 65 as a refund.
After above steps, user can choose their own refund codes via the Manage Customer Returns app. And the refund amount will be calculated based on the customized refund code.