After the successful beta pilot in 2102 release, SAP Business ByDesign for Microsoft Teams is released as general availability (GA) in 2105 release. This app is public available in Microsoft Teams app store.
Notes: In order to use this app, you must have an active subscription to SAP business ByDesign.
The major changes in 2015 release are:
- GA for all SAP ByDesign customers.
- Available in Microsoft Teams app store.
- It is also available for download in SAP Business ByDesign Download Center. It is required to custom upload the app in Teams. It is not recommend to use this channel for the deployment. It just provides alternative way to get the app.
- Launchpad work center tab view is removed, which will be considered as personal app in the future.
- SSO partially support
- SSO is working with MS Azure as IDP for users which are consuming ByD tabs in MS Teams
- The creation and changing of tabs is also working with SSO for work center view tab.
- The limitation is that users which want to create new tabs which directly go to Object Instances (e.g. a specific Account) need to authenticate in addition using their user and password.
- Navigation header is available in Teams tab view.
- Black theme and high contract theme are support in the configuration page.
Now please view below video to have an overview about Microsoft Teams sales collaboration with SAP Business ByDesign CRM.
Now let’s see how to add the app, configure the app and add tab views to access SAP Business ByDesign.
1. Adding the App
On your Microsoft Teams, go to Apps, and search for SAP Business ByDesign, and add the app to the teams.
2. Configuring the App
On your Microsoft Teams app, on a channel or a Chat, click on the + sign, and search for the SAP Business ByDesign for Microsoft Teams on the Add a tab window. The configuration dialog box launches. Enter the following credentials as provided on the screen.
- SAP Business ByDesign Tenant ID. Only the tenants added to the allowed list can be used in this application.
- Username and Password
- Click on Autheticate
- Select the view type from the following options:
- Work Center View
- Business Object Instance (Authentication Required)
- For work center view, select and add the different lists one at a time. You can also select the list options without authenticating after entering the Tenant ID.
- To add Business Object Instance, authentication is mandatory. Authenticate to proceed.
- Give a Microsoft Teams Tab Name to the input settings and click on Save.
- If you haven’t enabled the Single Sign-On, it will take you to the SAP Business ByDesign login page.
- If you want to update the configuration settings, after a tab is already added, on clicking the +, the configuration page is shown, and customers could update the settings to the tab. You can update the tab name and remove the tab using Remove.
You can consume data from your SAP Business ByDesign solution in Microsoft Teams by embedding Dashboards, Opportunities, Accounts, and Projects into Microsoft Teams.
The SAP Business ByDesign for Microsoft Teams supports the following to facilitate real-time capabilities: Work Center View: You can add and access the following Business ByDesign work lists to your teams:
- Insight Dashboards List
- Opportunity List
- Account List
- Project List
- Opportunity Pipeline
Business Object Instances: You can add and access the following business object instances to your teams and start working from the Microsoft Teams environment:
- Insight Dashboards
3.1 Access Insight Dashboards List in MS Teams
Business Users can open insight dashboard list in MS Teams and get the dashboard list for the performance of related business area.
- Add Insight Dashboard list in Tab View of MS Teams
- View all authorized Dashboard list in MS Teams
- Navigate to a specific dashboard by click the name of dashboard in the list
3.2 Access Opportunity List in MS Teams
Business Users can create, edit, and view opportunities and related information in MS Teams and share the list with colleagues in the same sales team.
- Add opportunity list in Tab View of MS Teams
- View authorized opportunities in MS Teams
- Navigate to a specific opportunity by click the name of opportunity in the list
3.3 Access Account List in MS Teams
Business Users can create, edit, and view account and related information in MS Teams and share the list with colleagues in the same team.
- Add account list in Tab View of MS Teams
- View authorized accounts in MS Teams
- Navigate to a specific account by click the name of account in the list
3.4 Access Project List in MS Teams
Business Users can create, edit, and view project and related information in MS Teams and share the list with colleagues in the same team.
- Add project list in Tab View of MS Teams
- View authorized projects in MS Teams
- Navigate to a specific project by click the name of project in the list
3.5 Access Opportunity Pipeline in MS Teams
Business users can open sales opportunity pipeline in MS Teams to show open and in process opportunities by their number, value and product.
- Add opportunity pipeline in Tab View of MS Teams
- View authorized opportunities in pipeline in MS Teams
- Navigate to a specific opportunity by click the name of dashboard in the list
3.6 Access Dashboards in MS Teams
Business users can access dashboards in MS Teams to view relevant information cards (such as KPI and Report Cards) and operational cards on custom-defined overview pages across work centers.
- Add a specific dashboard as Tab View in MS Teams
- View authorized dashboard in MS Teams
3.7 Access Opportunity in MS Teams
Business users can access the overview of opportunity detail data in MS Teams manage the opportunity data.
- Add a specific opportunity in Tab View of MS Teams
- View and maintain opportunity information such as account and all relevant communication, products and prices, members of the sales team and your sales partners who are working on the opportunity, and competitors for this opportunity
3.8 Access Account in MS Teams
Business users can access the overview of account master data in MS Teams and manage the account basic data, general data, sales data, bank data and financial data.
- Add a specific account in Tab View of MS Teams
- View and maintain important account-related information such as address and communication data, sales figures, and financial data
3.9 Access Project in MS Teams
Business users can access the overview of project data in MS Teams and manage project in Teams.
- Add a specific project in Tab View of MS Teams
- View and maintain project data based on the authorization
4. Limitations, Know Issues and Tips
- SSO is not supported in the configuration page for Business Object Instance. It still needs username and password for authentication. After this authentication, object list can be retrieved for object instance view.
- Tips: Logout Teams to switch SAP Business ByDesign user, since it is cached in Teams.
The integration with MS Teams enables users to easily access features of the SAP Business ByDesign system directly from Microsoft Teams. You can easily monitor, collaborate with your team members, perform tasks, and act directly from the app. The app caters to the growing need to collaborate across departments and systems while working on the same topic. Using the app, you can collaborate and manage work easily without changing systems, leading to an increase in productivity, and the work getting done effectively. You can also access the SAP Business ByDesign system directly from the app in a new browser window.
Please go to your Teams apps, and find “SAP Business ByDesign” and try it.