LTMC replaced with Migrate Your Data (2/2)
Dear SAP Friends,
Welcome to another interesting blog.
With continuation to the previous blog, LTMC replaced with Migrate Your Data | SAP Blogs
In this blog will see about the new way of Migrating the data into S/4HANA with Migrate Your Data Fiori App.
After the Release of the 2020 version. The migration cockpit process has changed which we discussed in the previous blog Part 1.
In SAP S/4HANA 2020 and later versions, we need to use Migrate Your Data Fiori App instead of LTMC.
Now let us see steps to upload data using staging tables.
- Open App Migrate Your Data App
- Create a new project.
There are two options to transferring data to S/4HANA:
- Migrate data directly from SAP system.
- Migrate data using Staging Tables.
- Select Migrate data using the Staging Tables option.
In Database Connection, we have 2 options
Local SAP S/4HANA database
- System will generate Staging Tables in the internal schema of the SAP S/4HANA system.
- Use this option if you only want to use XML template files to fill the Staging Tables with data
Remote SAP HANA database
- System will generate Staging Tables in a remote SAP HANA DB Schema
- Prerequisite: valid database connection (please refer to KBA 2733253)
- Select this option if you want to fill the staging table with data by using your preferred tools.
So, to upload Data with an XML template like we did earlier need to use the Local SAP S/4HANA Database option.
- Click on Step 2 to proceed further.
- Choose migration objects.
The migration cockpit delivers a larger quantity of migration objects depending on the selected migration scenario.
** We can select multiple Migration Objects at a time previously we can do at a time only one.
As per the requirement search for the object to which you want to upload data.
** Once you click on Review will be getting a Popup.
Predecessor objects exist for this selection. Do you want to add the predecessor objects to the list of migration objects?
The following predecessor objects will be added to the list of migration objects:
- CO – Profit center
As per the requirement if it’s required can Choose Add or Do Not Add.
- Confirm your data selection by choosing the Create Project button
- Once Project is created with required Migration objects select the project to proceed further.
Migration project screen – more buttons
On the migration project screen, you trigger all the steps that are required to transfer the data for each migration object to the target SAP S/4HANA system.
In addition, you can quickly access additional information and tasks.
Buttons for quick access:
Monitoring – to view a log of all activities.
Mapping tasks – all mapping tasks for your project
Job management – adjust the number of backgrounds jobs.
Settings – general settings for example add new migration objects.
- Trigger Actions through Drill down list.
9. So, let us first download the template and fill it.
10. Once the template is filled with required information Upload the same.
11. Once the XML file is uploaded System will validate the entries,
12. Click back.
Earlier till 1909 version for any migration object, we need follow below steps
A. Upload File
C. Start Transfer
D. Data Validate
E. Convert values.
G. Execute Import
But from the 2020 Version, things are simpler and easy to do.
A. Upload File
B. Mapping Tasks
- Now click on Mapping Tasks
On the Mapping Tasks screen, you can view all the mapping tasks, you can maintain the value mapping and you can confirm them.
You can specify value mappings and transform values from the source system to the target system.
Once Mapping tasks are completed and all the values are mapped click back
- Click on Simulate.
15. Once you click on the simulate system will simulate it in the background if you wanted to see click on Running Activates to see the progress.
Once the simulation is completed click back
- Now click on Migrate.
Once you click on Migrate system will run it in the background if you wanted to see click on Running Activates to see the progress.
Once completed click back.
Now Data gets created into the system, so let’s see material which we uploaded
In this way, we can upload data by using Migrate Your data App.
In next Blog will discuss about changes in the LTMOM – Migration Object Modeler
Please Like, Share and Comment on anything else you want to share or add points.
Thanks & Regards.
SME – S/4HANA Logistics
SAP Ariba P2P